Summary: This position supports the NFP New York Corporate Office. The Receptionist is the first person that a visitor encounters, so the receptionist needs to be courteous, professional and helpful. The receptionist will answer the telephone, route calls, greet visitors, respond to inquiries from the public and provide information about the organization. This position also requires administrative support to the Accounts Payable team by executing a variety of support tasks and projects as needed.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Reception & Office Management:
- Professionally administer all incoming calls on the NFP main line between the hours of 8:30am and 5:30pm; ensure all calls are redirected accordingly, check and return voicemail messages.
- Greet and welcome guests as they arrive at the office; alert staff that their visitors have arrived.
- Liaise with building management and appropriate NFP staff to ensure that security protocols are met for employees, contractors, guests and vendors.
- Maintain Outlook calendar for conference room schedules and assist with conference setups and break-downs as needed.
- Assist with administrative projects such as binding presentation materials, photocopying, scanning, and filing as needed.
- Participates as needed in special department projects; Assists with organization of company events and client lunches as needed.
- Scan mail and other company documents into appropriate electronic database
- Keep all phone lists and directories up to date.
- Scan and send invoices to “Avid” Expense Management Services
- Analyze and code invoices by department to ensure bills are paid by the correct department; send for management approval after amounts is verified.
- Set up new vendors in accounting system
- Work with Accounting team to prepare “pay immediate” invoices in a timely manner
- Prepare/send check requisitions and wire transfers
- Demonstration of professionalism, accountability, client focus and teamwork
- Additional duties as assigned
Meet Some of NFP's Employees
Client Services Administrator, Benefits
Graham is responsible for accurately maintaining healthcare benefit information for NFP clients. He enrolls and deletes individual profiles as people come and go, and oversees program marketing.
Back to top