The essential purpose of this position is to provide paralegal support for the corporate in-house Legal Department and head of litigation for NFP Corp. The Paralegal will assist with processing, reviewing and responding to commercial litigation and complaints involving NFP and its affiliated financial services and insurance brokerage companies. The Paralegal is also responsible for the managing and updating of procedures and preparation of reporting applicable to the above responsibilities. In addition to a strong litigation skill set, the candidate will support the transactional practice by facilitating the completion of commercial contracts; ensuring appropriate contract authorization and updating contract forms and drafting simple form documents or contract amendments
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: To perform this job successfully, individual
must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
- Process, analyze, investigate, and report/summarize litigation against the Company; assist in retention and management of outside counsel; prepare discovery and litigation responses; prepare and process settlement agreements and payments and ensure matter dismissal and closure. Maintain docket/calendar for all assigned matters.
- Manage subpoenas and records requests.
- Prepare monthly reporting on litigation and complaint matters and update related policies and procedures.
- Facilitate the completion of commercial contracts by filling in basic information to contract form, proofreading and collecting business information for schedules/appendices.
- Additional duties as assigned.
Meet Some of NFP's Employees
Client Services Administrator, Benefits
Graham is responsible for accurately maintaining healthcare benefit information for NFP clients. He enrolls and deletes individual profiles as people come and go, and oversees program marketing.
Back to top