Marketing Analytics Manager
- Austin, TX
The mission of an Analytics Manager is to develop and implement an analytics strategy across the marketing organization with a specific emphasis on search engine optimization for the various NFP digital properties. The Analytics Manager will collaborate with the marketing team to ensure NFP is effectively collecting, analyzing, and reporting on data to drive decisions, support adjustments/refinements, and accelerate action across all marketing efforts and in support of the company’s overarching goals. By conducting full lifecycle analysis on a broad range of digital and print projects, as well as meetings and events, you will develop analysis and reporting approaches, monitoring performance and implementing quality control plans to identify and drive improvements.
In the SEO component of the job, the Analytics Manager will refine on-page and off-page techniques, playing an active role in link-building, social media integration, viral marketing, metadata sculpting, site speed optimization, content development, information architecture, and more. In addition, as a result of the daily changes in the search algorithms (from Google, Bing, Yahoo, and others), the Analytics Manager will work in a dynamic environment that requires continual learning, fine-tuning of skills, and experimenting to adapt to industry shifts.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities
The Analytics Manager must be able to work collaboratively across the marketing team against a broad spectrum of projects falling into two areas: general analytics and SEO. Functions and responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Understand business needs and objectives.
- Become a stakeholder within the project kick-off phase to provide direction across projects ranging from: emails, newsletters, advertising, websites, meetings and events, and broad-based campaigns.
- Track projects from conception to completion and provide post-mortem reporting for ongoing optimization and continued best practices on future projects.
- Develop, build, and maintain data models, reporting systems, dashboards, and performance metrics support that support key business decisions.
- Communicate results and business impacts of insight initiatives to stakeholders.
- Oversee the design and delivery of reports and insights that analyze business functions and key operations and performance metrics.
- Review and analyze the digital properties of companies NFP acquires, and evaluate and make recommendations on transitioning the properties to the NFP brand.
- Develop a detailed SEO and data analytics strategy for NFP’s main public website.
- Execute tests, collect and analyze data and results, and identify trends and insights in order to achieve maximum ROI in paid search campaigns.
- Track, report, and analyze website analytics and PPC initiatives and campaigns.
- Provide site audit and SEO analysis and recommendations for optimization of website structure and web pages, as created in a content management system.
- Optimize copy and landing pages for search engine marketing, and make those changes across a variety of platforms.
- Perform ongoing keyword discovery, expansion, and optimization.
- Research and implement SEO recommendations.
- Research and analyze competitors’ advertising links.
- Develop and implement a link-building strategy.
- Work across marketing team to identify new subject areas for content development. Assist in creating the content and assets.
- Work with the development team to ensure SEO best practices are properly implemented on newly developed code.
- Work to drive SEO in content creation and content programming.
- Recommend changes to website architecture, content, linking, and other factors to improve SEO positions for target keywords.
Minimum Knowledge, Skills and Tools
- Working knowledge of data mining principles: predictive analytics, mapping, collecting data from multiple data systems on premises, and cloud-based data sources.
- Understanding of, and experience using, analytical concepts and statistical techniques: hypothesis development, designing tests/experiments, analyzing data, drawing conclusions, and developing actionable recommendations for business units.
- Experience working with and creating databases and dashboards using all relevant data to inform decisions.
- Experience in the area of organic search.
- Proven success in link building and viral strategies.
- The ability to deploy an effective local and long-tail search strategy.
- A deep understanding of mobile strategy and how it relates to SEO.
- A solid grasp of how blogging, press releases, social media, and related strategies go hand-in-hand with SEO.
- Experience building inbound organic search traffic and improving search engine results pages.
- A background in creating reports showing web analytics data and site evaluations.
- An up-to-date working knowledge of current, past, and projected SEO trends.
- Experience managing long-tail search strategies and/or analyzing large data sets.
- Familiarity with the best tools in the world of search.
Skills: Excellent communication and organization skills, creative and strategic problem solving, quantitative analysis, ability to prioritize multiple projects and processes, attentiveness to detail.
Tools: Experience with Adobe Analytics and other analytics tools, as well as Excel, Word, and PowerPoint, Google and Bing services, including Analytics and Webmaster Tools, Google’s Keyword Tool, a functional understanding of HTML and CSS. The ability to work with back-end SEO elements such as .htaccess, robots.txt, metadata, site speed optimization, and related skills. Experience with e-mail platforms Pardot and Marketo as well as content management systems (DNN Evoq).
Education and/or Experience:ABachelor'sdegree in marketing or related field
Back to top