Lenox Associate Case Manager
WHO WE ARE:
Lenox Advisors, a wholly owned subsidiary of NFP, is a full-service, multi-faceted financial services firm. Our clients hire us for our commitment to help them achieve long-term financial success. We have an immediate need for a Case Manager in our New Business department.
The purpose of the role is to partner with financial advisors and New Business case managers to coordinate and expedite Life, Disability and Long Term Care insurance. This position will be responsible for Consulting on insurance applications and highly complex cases, providing direction on technical medical and financial underwriting for our most senior financial advisors (Partners and Managing Directors). Direct client contact is required to personally prepare and coordinate all activities during the insurance underwriting process.
WHAT YOU’LL BE DOING:
- Case Management & Underwriting
- Manage an average pending case load of 150-200 cases.
- Consult with home office, core carrier and NFP Underwriters to gather additional information in an effort to secure the most favorable underwriting offer and advocate on behalf of the firms to the carriers.
- Develop a proficiency and communicate information regarding carrier underwriting niches underwriting compliance, requirements and policies.
- Educate financial advisors on the impact of underwriting requirements including but not limited to: medical impairments, financials, and foreign guidelines.
- Determine impairments and or risks based on medical, physical, occupational, financial or insurable interest and work with financial advisors to determine appropriate product and illustration specifications.
- Review and advise on exam, APS and medical underwriting requirements.
- Negotiate underwriting offers for business placement.
- Update, respond to and initiate activities within the client management system to ensure case and client data is current.
- Facilitate weekly one on one meetings with RM and/or assistant.
- Work directly with Advanced Sales and Relationship Managers on overall case strategy and implementation.
- Potential to communicate directly with end client during underwriting process.
- Other duties as assigned
Meet Some of NFP's Employees
Client Services Administrator, Benefits
Graham is responsible for accurately maintaining healthcare benefit information for NFP clients. He enrolls and deletes individual profiles as people come and go, and oversees program marketing.
Back to top