IT Strategic Sourcing Lead / Vendor Management
- Austin, TX
This position can sit in any of our offices, we are not bound by a specific location.
Summary: The position has primary responsibility to work as part of a team managing, organizing, planning and delivering projects and/or programs to effectively develop and manage procurement initiatives, vendors and strategic sourcing projects to drive overall Procurement savings strategy and vendor management for all IT categories. IT categories include software, hardware, services, software as a service, outsourcing and data center services. The IT Strategic Sourcing Lead will focus on planning for and executing a model to capture, manage and control spend reductions as a result of procurement activities that improve company spend performance for key IT investments, existing and new.
This person will ensure savings on spend decisions resulting from Procurement initiatives, will provide analytics to enable comprehensive and informed purchase decisions and assist with the development and management of governance strategies to sustain savings improvements over the life of supplier relationships. Examples of day to day activities include subcategory spend analysis, strategic sourcing, contract negotiations, performance management, renewal and optimization management and Procurement consulting and support for IT leaders and their initiatives. The role includes significant interfaces and engagement with NFP’s CFO, COO, CTO, Business Leads and SVP and Head of Integration Management.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide strategic sourcing services for both Procurement and IT initiated RFPs, contract negotiations, contract renewals, supply consolidation and project support. Sourcing work includes analysis of pricing models, cost comparisons, break-even analysis and return on investment models for transactions under consideration for product and/or service purchase decisions, contract renewal decisions and contract expansion or contraction decisions
- Administrate enterprise software engagements including Microsoft, Salesforce, AvidXchange, Concur, Callidus, Applied Systems Epic, Lawson Financial, Ultimate Ultipro, etc. Includes planning for renewals, triggering negotiations, term management, true up activities, compliance management and accurate order processing.
- Manage and interpret software asset licensing and licensing models including asset changes and optimization
- Prepare and manage annual category, sub category and supplier level investments for products and services for reporting and inputs into IT budgeting and strategic planning process
- Respond to business inquires on spend analytics by product, business unit, supplier, geography, category, subcategory, etc.
- Centrally manage vendor and internal audit obligations
- Monitor and manage metrics associated with primary suppliers and their committed services levels
- Manage quick hit procurement projects for contract renewals, contract rationalizations, business improvement, amendments, addendums and service modification requirements with the potential of expansion into broader strategic procurement and strategic sourcing efforts
- Collaborate with key stakeholders to develop strategies to retain leverage with managing and using existing IT assets, in particular software assets
- Develop and run vendor management program for IT service prov
Knowledge, Skills, and/or Abilities:
- Strong skills in quantitative and problem solving skills as well as project management
- Working knowledge of asset optimization planning and integration of acquired offices including asset valuation and scenario planning for buy, transfer and termination plans
- Strong intrapersonal skills
- Familiarity with procurement best practices in corporate cost savings programs and process models
- Familiarity with insurance brokerage industry a plus (or proficiency in a services industry)
- Exceptional verbal and written communications skills
- Exceptional analytical and problem solving skills including command of technical command of Cognos, Excel and Lawson financials
- Strong teamwork focus and demonstrated ability to work with decentralized organizations
- Practiced in change management skills in a dynamically changing business environment
- Highly self-directed and innovative
- Ability to build and manage relationship across the organization
- Ability to influence multiple stakeholders with broad and varied business objectives
Education and/or Experience:
- 4 year college degree with a Master’s in business, supply chain (or appropriate professional experience)
- Minimum 5-7 years experience within procurement
- Experience with managing and servicing IT hardware / software / services / outsourcing for licensing, maintenance and performance management
Back to top