Intern - Private Client Group
We are looking for a Summer 2019 Private Client Group Intern for NFP!
Summary: NFP P&C Private Client Group is a retail operation for affluent and wealthy individuals and families seeking personal lines products in the United States, part of Europe, and Canada. Headquartered in New York City with fourteen offices across the country, we specialize in insurance ranging from homeowners and auto to specialty lines such as aircraft and watercraft. Private Client Group is a division of NFP Property & Casualty. Our parent company, NFP, is a leader in the delivery of benefit solutions for companies of all sizes in the delivery of life insurance and wealth management solutions. The Intern will be responsible for providing day to day management support to the team members along with performing variety of administrative work.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide support and assistance to the department
- Assist in performing day to day management of existing client programs including group excess and special markets billing
- Provide team members sales support for the acquisition of new customers including underwriting, pricing and proposal preparation
- As a part of the team, the intern will attend periodic outside meetings with marketing partners, client groups, and insurance carriers along with team members as and when required
- Perform a variety of routine work such as furnishing information to authorized persons and maintain data
Knowledge, Skills and/or Abilities:
- Proficient in writing and editing
- Strong verbal skills and precision in the written word is expected
- Attention to detail and highly organized
- Positive attitude and team player
- High level of integrity and strict adherence to protecting confidential information
- Proven administrative skills and expertise
- Ability to effectively utilize Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint
Education and/or Experience:
- Junior or senior of a four-year university preferred
- Demonstrated leadership experience in college, community, internship, or co-op
Certificates, Licenses, Registration:
- P&C a plus, but not required
Physical Demand: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to handle or feel and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stand and walk. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and distance vision.
Meet Some of NFP's Employees
April M.Wellness Consultant
April works to identify the wellness needs of NFP employees and client companies, constructing health and welfare strategies and implementing them throughout the life of a partnership.
Back to top