HR Project Manager
- Austin, TX
The HR Project Manager is responsible for the coordinating all HR Solutions consulting projects and implementation work, considering time, cost, scope and quality. This includes: implementation of appropriate HR functions and all modules within the HCM platform(s) for HR Outsourcing services; managing all projects in the HR Consulting sales and production pipeline; and onboarding of Advisory Services and Employee support services.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
HR Outsourcing Services
- With Director of Operations, develops draft GANTT project plan for each project, in order to illustrate activities, timelines, and owners; provides access to GANTT to all project stakeholders.
- Assigns activities/deliverables to appropriate person on project team that has been selected by Director.
- Ensures communication of project objectives, milestones, and important dates during and throughout implementation.
- Leads or co-leads collaborative, effective and efficient weekly project team meetings, ensuring team understanding of current and upcoming deliverables, timelines, and owners.
- Ensures project meetings are continuously directed toward end results and overall client/NFP objectives.
- Adheres to HR Solutions’ processes and procedures for effective, efficient implementation of the: (1.) HR infrastructure, HR programs and services, new service delivery model, and workflows; and (2.) HCM modules, including: base HCM, Benefits, Benefits Enrollment, Onboarding, Payroll, Time and Attendance, Performance Management, and management approval hierarchies.
- Adheres to HR Solutions’ processes and procedures for migrating data to the HCM in an orderly, systematic manner; ensures team members collect, aggregate and deliver all requested data in the appropriate template; ensures data integrity for import into HCM.
- Notes any changes in procedures, deliverables or client requests; confers with Director of Operations regarding appropriate handling and/or communication.
- Coordinates timely submission of all deliverables throughout the implementation process; consults with Director of Operations regarding any issues with team member work quality or timeliness.
- Ensures that a project team member takes and distributes notes following each project team meeting.
- Tracks and ensures follow-up on outstanding items throughout the implementation process; communicates with Director regarding handling and communication of any new requests or changes during implementation.
- Works with Director of Operations on the creation, editing and preparation of all printed materials to client.
- Leads or co-leads client/employee training on the HCM system; coordinates edits to HCM Training Guide; submits to Director for review.
- Leads or co-leads launch meetings with client’s management team and their employees; familiarizes both with the role of NFP HR Solutions and the HR Service & Support Center in the HRO function.
- Ensure effective and successful client launch; ensure seamless transition to client’s assigned HR Advisors.
- Consults with Director of Operations regarding client requests that are questionable or out of scope; involves Director in decision-making and communication in these circumstances.
- Maintains effective working knowledge (at the administrator level) of HR technologies used in the HR Service and Support Center.
HR Consulting Projects
- In collaboration with HR Operations Specialist, manages HR Consulting projects through each defined sales phase (initial contact, prepare proposal, proposal prepared/delivered, proposal accepted/declined, work in progress, for billing, AR closed).
- Consults with Director of Operations regarding need to engage internal and external consultants for projects.
- Ensures timelines and deliverables are communicated to clients and consultants; follows up with both throughout project.
- Ensures project deliverables are audited by Director of Operations or subject matter expert; assigns any edits, as necessary, to ensure a high-quality work product is delivered to client. Both Business Lines
- Maintains high quality of deliverables and the client experience.
- Maintains consistent and ongoing communication with all stakeholders (brokers, clients, project team members, consultants, vendors, Director of Operations, and VP-HR Solutions) regarding the status of all projects.
- Consults with Director regarding any client concerns or service issues; involves Director in decision-making, any action to take, and communication in these circumstances.
- Maintains effective professional relationships with all internal and external stakeholders.
- Coordinates distribution of reports to clients, HR Solutions team, Director of Operations, VP-HR Solutions, and others, as requested.
- Performs other duties or projects, as requested or required
Knowledge, Skills, and/or Abilities:
- Must have strong knowledge of all functional areas of HR.
- Must have excellent organizational skills and exceptional attention to detail.
- Must have strong client service and client account management skills.
- Must have excellent communication skills, both verbally and in writing.
- Working knowledge of various HCM, payroll, and CRM systems is strongly preferred.
- Must have project planning/execution skills, including:
- Carrying out project activities and timelines
- Leading collaborative project teams, consisting of internal and client team members/leaders (HR, IT, Payroll, Operations, and leaders at the VP and C-suite levels, HCM vendor)
- Ensuring project success by setting expectations, following up, and working with Director on any issues with project activities, status, client concerns, or project team member accountability
- Ensuring excellent service and timeliness
Education and/or Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources, Business, Management or related field is required.
- A minimum of 3 years of exempt-level Human Resources experience in increasingly responsible roles.
- A minimum of 3 years in a management role is required.
- Certification as PMP is a plus but not required.
Back to top