Front End Web Developer/Designer
Summary: Working within an in-house marketing department, the front-end developer will work alongside other digital marketing teammates to develop digital marketing solutions that satisfy organizational objectives and project specifications. This person is responsible for front-end development of general marketing deliverables including websites, landing pages, email, newsletters and advertising.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Web Development: Use HTML, CSS, JS, and C# to maintain legacy assets and add functionality for newer assets. Familiarity with the Bootstrap framework is required. Bonus points for knowledge of SASS/LESS and Node/NPM.
- Email Development: Deep familiarity with best practices for ultra-wide client coverage.
- Communicating to team and management on strategy/project development timelines and results
- Liaising with the marketing managers and internal technology staff to determine the appropriate development criteria per project
- Monitoring and updating websites to comply with accessibility requirements
- Maintaining brand standards across all digital projects
- Keeping pace with new marketing- and web-development-industry trends
- Analyze, report and make optimization recommendations for SEO status and ranking
- Reporting on website and campaign analytics data and interpreting them into relevant information/insights to inform decision-making for stakeholders (KPI’s, traffic, conversion etc.)
- Implement marketing-automation and lead-generation initiatives using industry-standard technologies
Knowledge, Skills, and/or Abilities:
- Familiarity with design principles (e.g., typography and spacing) and technologies (e.g., Adobe Illustrator and Photoshop)
- Excellent understanding of CMS systems (DNN highly preferred)
- Interest in UI and UX design, web development, typography and interactive design.
- Excellent skills in HTML, CSS, jQuery, Adobe CC, Google Analytics
- Experience with the following is also preferred: Visual Studio, SalesForce, Unbounce, Pardot and Microsoft Office
- Excellent communication skills (written, verbal and interpersonal)
- Demonstrated ability to learn new technologies, software, tools etc.
- Outstanding ability to think creatively and strategically and to identify and resolve problems
- Self-starter, proactive learner, and a positive attitude
- Superb customer service skills
- Attention to detail and the ability to effectively multitask in a deadline-driven atmosphere
- Excellent analytical, organizational, project management, and time management skills
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office and Google Drive products
- Aptitude to quickly learn new tools and keep up with technology and new releases on software.
- Ability to prioritize tasks and meet all deadlines on time.
- Must routinely exercise independent judgment and be able to work without supervision.
Education and/or Experience:
- Four-year degree in web development or related field. Equivalent combination of internship, technical training or work experience will be considered.
- 2-4 years of experience with an in-house marketing or creative organization is a plus
- Financial industry experience also a plus, but not mandatory.
- Professional experience working in an environment with complex requirements and regulations
Back to top