Summary: This position is responsible for providing high-level administrative support to a variety of company leaders/executives by handling information requests, preparing reports, conducting research on a variety of topics, performing clerical functions such as preparing correspondence, receiving visitors, arranging conference calls and scheduling meetings.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Type reports, memos, letters and other documents using Word and relevant computer software.
- Answer phone calls and direct calls to appropriate parties or take messages.
- Record, type and distribute meeting minutes.
- Greet visitors and determine whether they should be given access to specific individuals.
- Read and analyze incoming memos, submissions, and reports to determine their significance and plan their distribution.
- Perform general office duties such as ordering supplies and maintaining records management database systems.
- File and retrieve corporate documents, records, and reports.
- Open, sort and distribute incoming correspondence.
- Make travel arrangements for various leaders as requested.
- Handle payment of all department invoices and tracks year to date spend across initiatives.
- Plan department outings and coordinate setup and food and beverage for working groups.
- Other duties as assigned
Knowledge, Skills and/or Abilities:
- Individual must have basic Desktop computer skills
- Proficient in MS Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Strong organizational skills
- Strong collaborative skills
- High tolerance for ambiguity
- Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing
- Ability to adapt and manage multiple priorities
Education and/or Experience:
- Requires a minimum of HS diploma or equivalent
- Prefer some college
- 5 years of related experience
See Inside the Office of NFP
Through a network of 3,800 employees in hundreds of offices across the U.S., Canada, and the U.K, NFP is a leading insurance broker and consultant that provides employee benefits, property & casualty, retirement, and individual private client solutions through its licensed subsidiaries and affiliates. The company’s expansive reach allows its sales producers to access the most highly rated insurers, vendors, and financial institutions in the industry, while locally-based employees tailor solutions to meet clients' diverse needs.
Back to top