Director, Advanced Sales
This position will be primarily responsible for designing product illustrations, concepts, cases, and sales ideas to drive life insurance sales. The purpose of the role is to educate, position, model, and design concepts and sales ideas to drive life insurance sales. Interaction with insurance carrier’s advanced sales and product departments and related industry groups is required in order to stay current with the latest concepts and sales ideas. The position will require interfacing with NFP and PartnersFinancial member firms to assist with case design, creation of sales concepts, and to train those firms on the concept presented as well as the Excel model created to support the sales concept.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: To perform this job successfully, the individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Other duties may be assigned as required.
- Make recommendations to NFP and PartnersFinancial member firms, and to the Advanced Sales team on appropriate products, case design, sales strategies, and concepts based on client needs.
- Maintain in-depth knowledge of life products and software systems for case design, analysis and presentation.
- Analyze, prepare and generate basic and in some cases advanced life insurance product illustrations, life sales proposals and presentations; effectively communicate and apply the details of the design to producers, clients and staff.
- Use Excel to demonstrate and support case designs
- Coordinate and execute complex case design with internal and external resources.
- Work with Business Development and the Strategic Resource team to understand presentation needs and wants of advisors.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND/OR ABILITIES:
- Strong understanding of fixed, variable and term insurance products
- Significant experience with life insurance illustration systems, and ability to learn new illustration software
- Knowledge of life insurance competitive niches and advanced sales concepts
- Strong listening skills with an ability to decipher business needs of business partners
- Strong presentation & influencing skills with the ability to explain product features and sales concepts in easily understood terms
- Strong organizational and detail oriented skills l
- Ability to manage competing priorities in a fast-paced environment
- Strong critical thinking & problem solving skills
- Excellent proactive communication skills both verbally and in writing
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
- Requires a college degree in a related field
- College degree in finance, actuarial science, or mathematics preferred
- Financial services industry experience preferred
PHYSICAL DEMAND: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Ability to sit at a computer for long periods of time.
Back to top