Coordinator, Commercial Insurance
Join NFP Corp, 4th Largest Privately Owned Broker in the United States, as ranked by "Business Insurance":Ranked in the Top 10 Best P&C Agencies to Work for by “Insurance Journal”!
Essential Duties and Responsibilities of the Senior Coordinator include the following.
Other duties may be assigned.
- Data entry renewals and policy details and files various items electronically in OnBase document management system.
- Follows up with the insurance companies for outstanding policies, endorsements, etc.
- Prepares I.D. cards, certificates of insurance, Accord applications, binders and cancellations under direction of Account Executive.
- Maintains the Department’s suspense file both electronic and manual for various correspondence and endorsements.
- Performs policy checking.
- Processes premium and non-premium endorsements.
- Performs audit checking and billing.
- Performs maintenance and follow-up for timely receipt of audits.
- Responsible for training new clerks and trainees.
- Must maintain phone coverage for teammates in his/her absence.
- Will assist on various projects as needed and assigned by Department Manager.
- Completes coverage checklists and coverage recommendation letters.
- Prepares schedules of insurance.
- Matches mail; i.e. policies, endorsements, pending mail, copies.
- Operates standard office machines; i.e. fax, copier.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
- Minimum of one year of office clerical and administrative experience for an insurance company
- Must be computer literate with proficiency in basic Word and Excel skills.
- Must be experienced with policy checking.
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail required.
- College degree
- EPIC Agency Mgmt experience
- Experience working with commercial lines accounts
At NFP Corp., our solutions and expertise are matched only by our personal commitment to each client's goals. We are a leading insurance broker and consultant providing employee benefits, property & casualty, retirement, and individual insurance and wealth management solutions through our licensed subsidiaries and affiliates. Our registered investment advisers and broker-dealers empower independent financial advisors with integrated technology, subject matter expertise and a suite of customized services.
NFP has more than 4,600 employees and global capabilities. Our expansive reach gives us access to highly rated insurers, vendors and financial institutions in the industry, while our locally based employees tailor each solution to meet our clients' needs. We have become one of the largest insurance brokerages, consulting and wealth management firms by building enduring relationships with our clients and helping them realize their goals. NFP is headquartered in New York, with corporate offices in Austin and Chicago. We also have more than 150+ sales offices across the country.
We offer a highly competitive compensation package with exceptional benefits, an outstanding training program, ongoing education and tremendous potential for growth. Our benefits package includes medical insurance, dental, vision, life insurance, short term disability, long term disability, 401(k) with a match, flexible spending accounts, health savings accounts, long term care, travel accident, employee assistance program, and comprehensive paid time off programs.
See what our colleagues are saying about careers at NFP! https://vimeo.com/218530991
Back to top