Commercial Lines - Senior Account Executive, Team Leader
Join NFP Corp, 4th Largest Privately Owned Broker in the United Statesas ranked by "Business Insurance"Exceptional opportunity in Commercial LinesServicing our elite clientele.
Conveniently located at our Plainview, Long Island location!
Come and join our "People First" Culture!
The Senior Account Executive, Team Leaderleads a team in preparingapplications, specifications and marketing strategy for renewals of assigned clients with little or no supervision from Senior Vice President on difficult lines. This position requires expertise in multi line, multi corp accounts with more complex coverages than assigned to the Sr. Account Executive including retrospective rating plans for large lines of coverage, and foreign packages. This position may also focus on deductible programs, self insured retention programs. Minimum Revenue of $1,500,000.
Coverage knowledge includes (but is not limited to) Commercial Package, DIC, Foreign Property & Liability, Mono - line Property, Mono - line Commercial General Liability, Inland Marine, Business Auto, Umbrella, Workers Compensation, Disability & Group Travel Accident.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include (but are not limited to):
- Responsible for checking the accuracy of policies, endorsements, audits, etc. received from the insurance companies.
- Responsible for daily correspondence, emails, faxes, mail and policy checking, maintaining up to date file correspondence, telephone communication for assigned accounts.
- Responsible for inputting account detail into computer.
- Prepare renewal proposals for presentation to client, as well as new business proposals to be reviewed and approved by Senior Vice President.
- Responsible for follow up with clients for information such as driver lists, reporting forms, signed endorsements and miscellaneous information.
- Responsible for analyzing and comparing coverages through review of loss runs to determine proper retro rating plans which encompasses specialized calculations with numerous factors over multiple years.
- Directs the daily job activities of the Assistant Account Executives.
- Prepares schedules of insurance.
- Reviews requests for certificates of insurance and decide appropriate action.
- Responsible for training new Sr. Account Executives, Account Executives, Assistants, clerks and trainees.
- Completes coverage checklists and coverage recommendation letters
- Performs follow up for audits, dividends, profit sharing checks and retro adjustments.
- Assists Claims department with claim problems on coverage issues.
- Promotes new and additional coverages and obtains quotes.
- Visits clients to review insurance program.
- Compares insurance contracts between various carriers.
- Utilizes Excel in Preparing Location Schedules including COPE information and Premium Allocations
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES: Must oversee work delegated to the Assistants and clerical staff.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
- Ten plus years experience in a comparable position handling various types of coverage including ancillary coverage, dividend plans, retro, full spectrum of cash flow plans, D&O, E&O.
- P&C Broker’s License
- Microsoft Word and Excel proficiency
- Sagitta and/or EPIC experience, including Document Management Systems.
- CPCU or other professional designation.
- Four year college degree.
At NFP Corp., our solutions and expertise are matched only by our personal commitment to each client's goals. We are a leading insurance broker and consultant providing employee benefits, property & casualty, retirement, and individual insurance and wealth management solutions through our licensed subsidiaries and affiliates. Our registered investment advisers and broker-dealers empower independent financial advisors with integrated technology, subject matter expertise and a suite of customized services.
NFP has more than 3,600 employees and global capabilities. Our expansive reach gives us access to highly rated insurers, vendors and financial institutions in the industry, while our locally based employees tailor each solution to meet our clients' needs. We have become one of the largest insurance brokerages, consulting and wealth management firms by building enduring relationships with our clients and helping them realize their goals. NFP is headquartered in New York, with corporate offices in Austin and Chicago. We also have more than 150+ sales offices across the country.
We offer a highly competitive compensation package with exceptional benefits, an outstanding training program, ongoing education and tremendous potential for growth. Our benefits package includes medical insurance, dental, vision, life insurance, short term disability, long term disability, 401(k) with a match, flexible spending accounts, health savings accounts, long term care, travel accident, employee assistance program, and comprehensive paid time off programs.
See what our colleagues are saying about careers at NFP! https://vimeo.com/218530991
Back to top