Commercial Lines Account Manager
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Professional and prompt customer service including phone, email and walk-in inquiries on new and existing client accounts, including client questions on topics such as coverage, reporting of claims, audits, etc.
- Disseminate appropriate needs of client as it relates to Commercial Insurance
- Facilitate requests and needs of Carriers on behalf of clients
- Enter client/prospect data into Agency Management System (EPIC)
- Secure and prepare summaries of clients’ historical Loss Data
- Assist Account Executives with marketing Carriers for appropriate coverage as needed
- Use online carrier tools to develop quotations
- Prepare pre-renewal information for client’s review and approval
- Update client proposals
- Process completed applications, including follow-up for documents required
- Request policy changes as requested by client, Account Executive or Producer
- Check Policies, Endorsements and Policy Audits for accuracy
- Monitor financial status of accounts, collect premiums, and adhere to agency collection policies.
- Follow through on transactions to ensure policies are properly issued
- Work on special projects as assigned at the direction of Account Executive and office leadership
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND/OR ABILITIES:
- Highly organized with excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Self-confident to make sound independent decisions
- Ability to successfully interact with a variety of people and function well in a team environment
- Ability to handle situations in a calm, courteous and professional manner
- Customer focused to establish and maintain effective relationships
- Intermediate level of experience in Microsoft Office products, specifically Word, Excel and Outlook
- Ability to prioritize multiple tasks to meet deadlines
- Must be able to read, analyze and reconcile financial reports
- Possess strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Sharp attention to detail, decision making skills, and problem resolution
- Flexibility and adaptability to changing priorities, deadlines and technology.
- Thrives in both team and independent working environments.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
- High School graduate or general education degree (GED), college preferred
- Must have P&C License or working to obtain
- Minimum 3 years previous P&C insurance office experience desired
- Professional insurance designation preferred (such as CIC, CISR, CPCU, etc.)
Back to top