Commercial Lines Account Manager
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Professional and prompt customer service including phone, email and walk-in inquiries on new and existing client accounts, including client questions on topics such as coverage, reporting of claims, audits, etc.
- Disseminate appropriate needs of client as it relates to Commercial Insurance
- Facilitate requests and needs of Carriers on behalf of clients
- Enter client/prospect data into Agency Management System (EPIC)
- Secure and prepare summaries of clients’ historical Loss Data
- Assist Account Executives with marketing Carriers for appropriate coverage as needed
- Use online carrier tools to develop quotations
- Prepare pre-renewal information for client’s review and approval
- Update client proposals
- Process completed applications, including follow-up for documents required
- Request policy changes as requested by client, Account Executive or Producer
- Check Policies, Endorsements and Policy Audits for accuracy
- Monitor financial status of accounts, collect premiums, and adhere to agency collection policies.
- Follow through on transactions to ensure policies are properly issued
- Work on special projects as assigned at the direction of Account Executive and office leadership
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND/OR ABILITIES:
- Highly organized with excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Self-confident to make sound independent decisions
- Ability to successfully interact with a variety of people and function well in a team environment
- Ability to handle situations in a calm, courteous and professional manner
- Customer focused to establish and maintain effective relationships
- Intermediate level of experience in Microsoft Office products, specifically Word, Excel and Outlook
- Ability to prioritize multiple tasks to meet deadlines
- Must be able to read, analyze and reconcile financial reports
- Possess strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Sharp attention to detail, decision making skills, and problem resolution
- Flexibility and adaptability to changing priorities, deadlines and technology.
- Thrives in both team and independent working environments.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
- High School graduate or general education degree (GED), college preferred
- Must have P&C License or working to obtain
- Minimum 3 years previous P&C insurance office experience desired
- Professional insurance designation preferred (such as CIC, CISR, CPCU, etc.)
Meet Some of NFP's Employees
Client Services Administrator, Benefits
Graham is responsible for accurately maintaining healthcare benefit information for NFP clients. He enrolls and deletes individual profiles as people come and go, and oversees program marketing.
Back to top