Client Service Associate
Who we are:
Lenox Advisors is a full-service, multi-faceted financial services firm. Our clients hire us for our commitment to help them achieve long-term financial success. We have an immediate opportunity in our New York office for a Client Service Associate, supporting a successful Financial Advisor/Insurance Producer.
The Client Service Associate Supports the Relationship Manager by scheduling and coordinating activities and initiatives that facilitate the new policy process. The Client Services Associate must provide superior client service by identifying the client’s wants and needs, acting on, and/or delegating items and following through to completion while keeping all parties informed throughout the process.
What you’ll be doing:
Pre-Sale and New Business
- Partners with Advanced Sales to obtain and or generate the appropriate illustrations/one-pagers.
- Assembles meeting preparation documents pertaining to the client/prospect prior to sales meetings, including but not limited to, illustrations, policy and product summaries, reports, presentations, and marketing packets.
- Prepares new policy applications for multi-life and individual disability, Long Term Care and Life insurance applications.
- Partners with the New Business Case Manager to manage all new business cases using in-house CRM as the system of record for status/notes/tasks/tracking of underwriting requirements and communicating with Relationship Manager and client as necessary.
- Schedules medical insurance exams and orders all Attending Physician Statements (APS) based on insurance underwriting guidelines.
- Processes all policy changes that require underwriting, including reinstatement of lapsed cases, smoker rating changes, addition or removal of policy riders, and face amount reductions.
- Creates client correspondence as needed.
- Process all insurance policy service requests, collateral assignments, death claims, including address, beneficiary /ownership changes, premium mode changes, dividend option changes and fund allocation changes.
- Takes a proactive lead on conserving the Relationship Manager’s existing block of business outside of MassMutual by notifying clients of overdue insurance premiums and coverage in danger of lapsing, tracking all attempts and progress, and keeping the Relationship Manager informed of problematic cases.
- Follows up with insurance carriers and vendors to ensure proper and timely execution of client service requests are completed in a timely fashion.
- Responsible for greeting clients, fielding phone calls, reviewing incoming mail, managing office supplies, ordering client gifts and maintaining client files.
- Manages the Relationship Manager’s calendar, scheduling and confirming client meetings and booking conference rooms.
- Regularly update the Relationship Manager on action items relating to insurance underwriting, case open inventory, problematic client scenarios, outstanding follow up items.
- Ensures data accuracy by regularly and routinely updating information in-house CRM and maintaining client files. This includes, but is not limited to, fact find information and notes, case management (individual and MultiLife), task management, and client and policy information.
- Mails correspondence as needed (policies, applications, etc.)
- Creates feeder lists as requested.
- Partners with the Relationship Manager when participating in Lenox marketing campaigns, including CRM list updates as well as updating client email addresses.
What we’re looking for:
The successful candidate will have a bachelor’s degree and at least three years of relevant experience, particularly in Financial Services/Insurance industry. Insurance product knowledge (life, disability and long term care) preferred. The ability to interact with clients diplomatically and professionally is a must. Excellent verbal and written communication skills are essential. The candidate must have the ability to work independently and multi-task while paying attention to detail as well as be highly organized and able to prioritize in a fast paced sales environment. Must be proficient in Microsoft Office programs as well as experience utilizing a Client Relationship Management (CRM) system.
Back to top