Claims Coordinator, Advocacy
Responsibilities of the Claims Coordinator Include:
- Receives and documents first reports from insured and report losses to the appropriate carrier for P&C, Personal Line claims and PCG.
- Set up new claims in EPIC along with other data entry, including claim acknowledgement and downloads from carrier web sites.
- Review insurance claim forms and related documents for completeness.
- Follow up with insured or other involved person for missing information and update or attach to claim file in EPIC.
- Answer phones and provide service as needed to clients.
- Assist in creating EPIC, claims and large loss reports.
- Run adhoc reports as needed.
- Occasionally assist Manager and/or Analysts conduct research on coverage to address claim issues that arise to obtain the best outcome for the client.
- Occasionally assist Manager and/or Analysts with white papers on topics clients are facing.
- Assist the Senior Vice President with adhoc projects.
Position Specific Requirements:
- Exceptional customer service skills, including emotional intelligence and commitment to outstanding client service.
- Strong interpersonal skills to work with multiple clients and carriers.
- Problem solving focus, maintains confidentiality and strong listening skills.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Balance team and individual responsibilities and contributes to building a positive team spirit.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks at the same time.
- Upholds organizational values, treats others with respect and works with integrity and ethically.
- Supports organizational goals, follows policies and procedures and completes tasks correctly and on time.
- Exhibits sound and accurate judgment and includes appropriate people in decision-making process.
- Demonstrates persistence and overcomes obstacles while maintaining professionalism.
- Prioritizes and plans work activities, uses time efficiently, sets goals and objectives and organizes or schedules other people and their tasks.
- Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness while meeting productivity standards and completing work in a timely manner.
- Is adaptable, punctual and dependable.
This is not necessarily an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, skills, duties, requirements, efforts or working conditions associated with the job. While this is intended to be an accurate reflection of the current job, management reserves the right to revise the job or to require that other or different tasks be performed when circumstances change (e.g., emergencies, changes in personnel, workload, rush jobs, or technological developments). There may be physical requirements typical of this position that are not specified in this description.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
- Working Knowledge of Microsoft Excel and Word
- 2+ years of claim handling and/or claim oversight experience, multiple line experience preferred
- Four year college or university degree preferred
- Experience in EPIC preferred
At NFP Corp., our solutions and expertise are matched only by our personal commitment to each client's goals. We are a leading insurance broker and consultant providing employee benefits, property & casualty, retirement, and individual insurance and wealth management solutions through our licensed subsidiaries and affiliates. Our registered investment advisers and broker-dealers empower independent financial advisors with integrated technology, subject matter expertise and a suite of customized services.
NFP has more than 4,600 employees and global capabilities. Our expansive reach gives us access to highly rated insurers, vendors and financial institutions in the industry, while our locally based employees tailor each solution to meet our clients' needs. We have become one of the largest insurance brokerages, consulting and wealth management firms by building enduring relationships with our clients and helping them realize their goals. NFP is headquartered in New York, with corporate offices in Austin and Chicago. We also have more than 150+ sales offices across the country.
We offer a highly competitive compensation package with exceptional benefits, an outstanding training program, ongoing education and tremendous potential for growth. Our benefits package includes medical insurance, dental, vision, life insurance, short term disability, long term disability, 401(k) with a match, flexible spending accounts, health savings accounts, long term care, travel accident, employee assistance program, and comprehensive paid time off programs.
See what our colleagues are saying about careers at NFP! https://vimeo.com/218530991
Meet Some of NFP's Employees
April M.Wellness Consultant
April works to identify the wellness needs of NFP employees and client companies, constructing health and welfare strategies and implementing them throughout the life of a partnership.
Back to top