CFO, Western Region
NFP is a leading insurance broker and consulting firm that provides Employee Benefits, Property & Casualty, Retirement, Individual Insurance and Wealth Management solutions for companies, individuals and independent financial advisors. NFP has more than 4,200 employees and global capabilities. The Company has become one of the largest Insurance Brokerage, Retirement Consulting and Wealth Management firms by building enduring relationships with our clients and helping them realize their goals. In 2017, NFP had annual revenue of $1.1 billion. The company is headquartered in New York, New York, with corporate offices in Chicago, Illinois and Austin, Texas.
The West Region has over 400 employees, and brings in 10% of NFP’s total revenue.
For more information, please visit the Company’s website: www.nfp.com
The CFO, West region will have oversight and responsibility for all financial and operational functions within the West region. This position requires the West Regional CFO to participate in the development of financial and accounting strategies, objectives and operating plans to meet business growth and profitability goals. Additionally, the West Regional CFO will be required to manage the financial forecast and budgets to support the attainment of those goals and objectives in a way that is consistent with all legal and regulatory requirements.
The West Regional CFO will liaise with various departments within NFP (accounting, legal, operations, finance, M&A, technology) to ensure proper implementation and integration of regional initiatives, strategy and systems and will work consultatively with NFP West Regional Leadership in providing financial guidance and analytics.
The West Regional CFO will report directly to the CFO of NFP with dotted line reporting to the President of the West Region. The West Regional CFO will have direct oversight and supervisory responsibility of all West region Finance and Operations personnel and will utilize NFP Corporate resources to support finance and accounting processes.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Plan, develop, organize, implement and evaluate the West Region’s fiscal function and performance.
- Work in conjunction with West Region leadership in the development of regional programs and initiatives
- Provide strategic advisory to regional and corporate management on operational efficiencies, financial policies, and business strategy
- Be an advisor from the financial perspective on any contracts into which the Corporation may enter; Provide information and advise on or negotiate the financial aspects of any legal dispute or action
- Create annual budgets and forecasts, including identify major drivers and opportunities/risks; update as needed
- Provide regular financial reporting and analysis to both regional and corporate management
- Analyze, understand, and explain to relevant parties year-over-year variations of actual or projected financial results
- Analyze, understand, and explain to relevant parties any variations of actual results from budget/forecast
- Advise on compensation of new hires, formulate and periodically update budget for additional payroll and new hires
- Ensure adherence to national financial and accounting standards and processes. Participate as a resource and subject matter expert with corporate management on best practice improvements in financial operations. Support national direction on P&C and Benefits finance and accounting functions.
- Where applicable, oversee policy creation and adaptation as it relates to Financial and Operational functions within the West, including but not limited to revenue tracking, client billing and invoicing, commission splits and producer payments, payables and expense processing and vendor agreements and contracts.
- Evaluate Finance and Operations team plan for continual improvement of the efficiency and effectiveness; Provide individuals with professional and personal growth with emphasis on opportunitiesofindividuals
- Advise payroll as tomonthlyproducer commission amounts
- Advise on and resolve any producer payout disputes or conflicts
- In collaboration with Integration Management Office (IMO), planning and execution of financial andoperational integration of any regional sub-acquisitions
- Support carrierrevenue optimization
- Oversight of daily cashreceiptsand bank account management andreconciliation
Meet Some of NFP's Employees
Client Services Administrator, Benefits
Graham is responsible for accurately maintaining healthcare benefit information for NFP clients. He enrolls and deletes individual profiles as people come and go, and oversees program marketing.
Back to top