What you’ll be doing:
- Manage an average pending case load of 150-200 cases.
- Coordinate and expedite all Life, Long Term Care and Disability Income insurance applications to MassMutual and other insurance carriers.
- Stay current on insurance carrier’s underwriting, product, compliance and submission requirements. Gain understanding and implement into daily process.
- Educate financial advisors on the impact of underwriting requirements including but not limited to: medical impairments, financials, and foreign guidelines.
- Determine impairments and or risks based on medical, physical, occupational, financial or insurable interest and work with financial advisors to determine appropriate product and illustration specifications.
- Review of underwriting requirements and respond to all underwriting communication.
- Negotiate underwriting offers for business placement.
- Update, respond to and initiate activities within the client management system to ensure case and client data is current.
- Facilitate bi-weekly one on one meetings with RM and/or assistant.
- ADE and reporting as needed.
- Other duties as assigned.
What we’re looking for:
The successful candidate with have a Bachelor’s degree and two years previous knowledge of life insurance products, be proficient in all aspects of underwriting and will be well versed in medical terminology of conditions, impairments and medications. The candidate will also have strong organization skills, high attention to detail and the capacity to solve problems while considering impact to clients and firm. Brokerage experience a plus. The ideal candidate must also be proficient with Microsoft Office and have the ability to learn new software quickly. Strong communication, interpersonal and negotiation skills are a must.
Back to top