Benefits Customer Service Representative
CANDIDATES MUST HAVE CALL CENTER EXPERIENCE TO BE CONSIDERED.
HEALTH INSURANCE KNOWLEDGE REQUIRED.
- In a call center environment, respond to billing inquiries to support customer needs and inquiries. Escalate issues when appropriate.
- Accept billing payments over the phone from clients and explain process and legal disclosures as needed.
- Answer incoming phone calls in an inbound health insurance call center. Investigate and resolve client inquiries in a timely manner. Provide appropriate resolution to health insurance and billing questions.
- Advise clients regarding policy and benefit information across multiple Carrier health insurance plans. Able to assist individuals with the selection and administration of health insurance plans.
- Keep current on all products and services. Knowledge and familiarity with carrier websites is a plus.
- Maintain a professional telephone manner and calm demeanor when dealing with difficult issues.
- Work independently and as a member of the CS team.
- Cross sell products, including identifying products that best meet the client's needs.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment. Ability to multi-task and prioritize items. Contribute to a team effort to meet or exceed service, production and quality goals.
- 5+ years exceptional call center CSR experience in the health insurance industry, experience with a major health insurance carrier preferred.
- Experience explaining benefits plans to others.
- Fluency with HIPAA regulations. Knowledge of current health care landscape is a plus.
- Demonstrated knowledge of customer service requirements, company products and the health insurance industry, including recent industry trends.
- Attention to detail and demonstrated strong organizational and customer service skills.
- Excellent verbal and writing skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, including Word, Excel & Outlook.
- High School diploma or equivalent.
Meet Some of NFP's Employees
Account Manager, Benefits
Kristie is responsible for maintaining great relationships with NFP company clients, answering the questions of current partners, creating proposals for contract renewal and preparing materials for open-enrollment meetings.
Back to top