NFP is a leading insurance broker and consulting firm that provides Employee Benefits, Property & Casualty, Retirement, Individual Insurance and Wealth Management solutions for companies, individuals and independent financial advisors. NFP has more than 3,500 employees and global capabilities. The Company has become one of the largest Insurance Brokerage, Retirement Consulting and Wealth Management firms by building enduring relationships with our clients and helping them realize their goals. In 2017, NFP had an annual revenue of $1 billion. The company is headquartered in New York, New York, with corporate offices in Chicago, Illinois and Austin, Texas.
For more information, please visit the Company’s website: www.nfp.com
The Employee Benefits Controller (“Controller”) will have oversight and responsibility for all financial and operational functions within the West Employee Benefits Region. This position requires the Controller to participate in the development of financial and accounting strategies, objectives and operating plans to meet business growth and profitability goals. Additionally, the Controller will be required to manage the financial forecast and budgets to support the attainment of those goals and objectives in a way that is consistent with all legal and regulatory requirements.
The Controller will liaise with various departments within the NFP (accounting, legal, operations, finance, M&A, technology) to ensure proper implementation and integration of regional initiatives, strategy and systems and will work consultatively with Regional Leadership in providing financial guidance and analytics.
The Controller will report directly to CFO of the West Region of NFP with a dotted line reporting into the Managing Directors of the region. The Controller, will have direct oversight and supervisory responsibility of all West Region Employee Benefits Finance and Operations personnel and will utilize NFP Corporate resources to support finance and accounting processes.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Plan, develop, organize, implement and evaluate the region’s fiscal function and performance.
- Work in conjunction with region leadership in the development of regional programs and initiatives
- Provide strategic advisory to regional and corporate management on operational efficiencies, financial policies, and business strategy
- Be an advisor from the financial perspective on any contracts into which the Corporation may enter; Provide information and advise on or negotiate the financial aspects of any legal dispute or action
- Create annual budgets and forecasts, including identify major drivers and opportunities/risks; update as needed
- Provide regular financial reporting and analysis to both regional and corporate management
- Analyze, understand, and explain to relevant parties year-over-year variations of actual or projected financial result
- Analyze, understand, and explain to relevant parties any variations of actual results from budget/forecast
- Advise on compensation of new hires, formulate and periodically update budget for additional payroll and new hires
- Oversee policy creation and adaptation as it relates to Financial and Operational functions within the region, including but not limited to revenue tracking, client billing and invoicing, commission splits and producer payments, payables and expense processing and vendor agreements and contracts.
- Evaluate Finance and Operations team plan for continual improvement of the efficiency and effectiveness; Provide individuals with professional and personal growth with emphasis on opportunities of individuals
- Perform final payroll review and approval of bi-weekly paychecks; advise payroll as to monthly producer commission amounts
- Advise on and assist in resolving producer payout disputes or conflicts
- Plan and execution of financial and operational integration of any regional sub-acquisitions
- Oversee Corporate and Individual Licensing, in conjunction with Corporate Office
- Oversight of daily cash receipts and bank account management and reconciliation
Meet Some of NFP's Employees
Client Services Administrator, Benefits
Graham is responsible for accurately maintaining healthcare benefit information for NFP clients. He enrolls and deletes individual profiles as people come and go, and oversees program marketing.
Back to top