- Produces revenue through sales to new and existing clients.
- Prepares proposals of products or services to meet client needs.
- Participates in team sales situations with other producers and support personnel.
- Designs, implements, communicates, and services employee benefit programs for new and existing clients.
- Presents market analysis to clients and prospects.
- Drives and manages the client decision making process.
- Conducts enrollment meetings and partners with Service team throughout the implementation process.
- Provides ongoing service at a high level to clients.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Strong knowledge of employee benefits programs and compliance.
- Ability to understand and synthesize new products, technology and systems to develop cutting edge creative solutions that meet client needs.
- Highly effective verbal and written communication skills, including presentation, persuasion, tact, negotiation and closing skills.
- Ability to communicate and interface effectively with CEOs, CFOs, Executive Staff and Human Resources Professionals.
- Demonstrated ability to build strong working relationships both internally and externally and a commitment to meeting deadlines.
- Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probabilities in addition to applying concepts of fractions, percentages, ratios and proportions to practical situations.
- Strong knowledge of Word Processing software, Spreadsheet software, Internet software and Database software.
SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES:
- Problem Solving Skills- Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; Gathers and analyzes information skillfully; develops alternative solutions; works well in group problem solving situations; uses reason even when dealing with emotional topics.
- Analytical Skill- Synthesizes complex or diverse information; collects and researches data; uses intuition and experience to complement data.
- Team Work- Balances team and individual responsibilities; supports everyone's efforts to succeed.
- Business Acumen- Understands business implications of decisions; displays orientation to profitability; demonstrates knowledge of market and competition; aligns work with strategic goals.
- Ethics- Treats people with respect; keeps commitments; inspires the trust of others; works with integrity and ethically; upholds organizational values.
- Strategic Thinking- Develops strategies to achieve organizational goals; understands organization's strengths and weaknesses; analyzes market and competition; identifies external threats and opportunities; adapts strategy to changing conditions.
- Dependability- Follows instructions, responds to management direction; takes responsibility for own actions; keeps commitments; commits to long hours of work when necessary to reach goals.
- Initiative- Undertakes self-development activities; takes independent actions and calculated risks; asks for and offers help when needed.
- Education / Work Experience- Master's Degree (M.A.) or equivalent; or four to ten years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Certificates and Licenses- Utah Life and Health Producer's License as well as Utah Life and Health Consultant's License
Meet Some of NFP's Employees
Account Manager, Benefits
Kristie is responsible for maintaining great relationships with NFP company clients, answering the questions of current partners, creating proposals for contract renewal and preparing materials for open-enrollment meetings.
Back to top