Associate Broker / Analyst
- New York, NY
• Provide market placement support for VP and Account Executives.
• Work with VP to initiate placement renewal/ go-to-market strategy(s), and support client retention within the existing FI/PE portfolio. Formulate strategy by utilizing substantial risk expertise and knowledge of industry and carriers to develop placement solutions that align with client needs.
• Instruct the submission of coverage specifications, consistently peer review policy contracts for new/improved terms and conditions, and obtain quotes from carriers.
• Inspect the binding of coverage and responsible for the accuracy of placement binders and policy documentation.
• Ensure customer questions and service issues are answered and documented promptly, and identify trends in customer service needs. Resolve and oversee customer issues surrounding brokerage of suite of FI/PE products.
• Consult consistently with account executives and client teams to support client retention and new business production.
• Drive and build relationships within the FI/PE practice, insurance markets, clients, carriers and underwriters to provide cohesive client service.
• Execute laser focused ongoing client service with proactive communication and prompt response.
• Must have Bachelor's degree or foreign equivalent in any field plus two (2) years of progressively responsible experience in the job offered or as an Assistant Vice President, Junior Account Handler, or a related position.
• Must have two (2) years of progressively responsible experience within the property and casualty insurance market as an underwriter or at a brokerage operation.
6. Executive Assistant Responsibilities:
• Act as an extension of the FI/PE senior leadership team both internally and externally by exemplifying a winning attitude and showing you care about clients and employees.
• Be professional, including maintaining a high level of discretion regarding confidential and sensitive information.
• Act as a problem solver by being proactive, identifying opportunities, proposing solutions and executing before being asked, when appropriate.
•Be a proactive communicator, not only in person, but also via email, text, and face to face meetings.
• Maintain calendars and agendas by managing schedules/meetings to ensure daily, weekly, monthly and quarterly priorities are met.
• Be a team player by being flexible and adaptable to changing circumstances and helping with various business priorities, as needed.
• Operate with a strong attention to detail regarding all tasks including report writing, PowerPoint creation, document editing, scheduling and ordering lunches, making travel arrangements and completing expense
• Create and maintain an efficient file management and follow-up system for all processes
• Support new sales initiatives.
• Engage in operational support for the firm. Requisite Experience:
• At least 5 years of administrative experiences in a professional environment.
• Advanced level knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook.
• Strong written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills.
• Active learning and critical thinking competencies.
• Capability to handle multiple priorities while maintaining exceptional organizational and time management skills.
• Ability to anticipate needs and acts proactively.
• Be adaptable to change while upholding a positive attitude.
At NFP Corp., our solutions and expertise are matched only by our personal commitment to each client's goals. We’re a leading insurance broker and consultant that provides employee benefits, property & casualty, retirement and individual private client solutions through our licensed subsidiaries and affiliates. NFP has more than 5,000 employees and global capabilities. Our expansive reach gives us access to highly rated insurers, vendors and financial institutions in the industry, while our locally based employees tailor each solution to meet our clients' needs. We’ve become one of the largest insurance brokerage, consulting and wealth management firms by building enduring relationships with our clients and helping them realize their goals. NFP is headquartered in New York, with corporate offices in Austin and Chicago. We also have more than 300+ sales offices across the country.
NFP and You… Better. Together.
Back to top