Analyst - Claims Advocacy
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Advocates for clients by providing claim oversight for all claim exposures and all claim types in P&C and/or PCG and /or Personal Lines
- Will interact with clients, carriers, third party administrators, producers, AE’s and others to advocate on behalf of our clients
- Occasionally conduct research on coverage to address claim issues that arise to obtain the best outcome for the client
- Assist in authoring white papers on topics clients are facing
- Will assist Sales Team to address client claim issues
- Assist the Senior Vice President and/or Supervising Claim Advocate in various projects, including development of best practices, teaching and training of claim coordinator, and other adhoc projects.
POSITION SPECIFIC REQUIREMENTS
- Exceptional customer service skills, including emotional intelligence and commitment to outstanding client service.
- Strong interpersonal skills to work with multiple clients and carriers.
- Problem solving focus, maintains confidentiality and strong listening skills.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Balance team and individual responsibilities and contributes to building a positive team spirit.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks at the same time.
- Upholds organizational values, treats others with respect and works with integrity and ethically.
- Supports organizational goals, follows policies and procedures and completes tasks correctly and on time.
- Exhibits sound and accurate judgment and includes appropriate people in decision-making process.
- Demonstrates persistence and overcomes obstacles while maintaining professionalism.
- Prioritizes and plans work activities, uses time efficiently, sets goals and objectives and organizes or schedules other people and their tasks.
- Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness while meeting productivity standards and completing work in a timely manner.
- Is adaptable, punctual and dependable.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- Four year college or university degree
- 3 - 5 years of claim handling and/or claim oversight experience, multiple line experience preferred
- Proficiency with Microsoft Excel and Word
- Proficiency with EPIC preferred
PERFORMANCE APTITUDES The following are basic skills and abilities needed to successfully accomplish the essential duties of this job.
- Data Utilization:
- Requires the ability to calculate, compute, summate, and/or tabulate data and/or information. Perform subsequent actions in relation to these computational operations as requested.
- Human Interaction:
- Requires the ability to provide guidance, assistance, and/or interpretation to others regarding the application of procedures and standards to specific situations.
- Verbal Aptitude:
- Requires ability to discuss a wide variety of reference, descriptive, and/or advisory data and information with clients and colleagues.
- Mathematical Aptitude:
- Requires the ability to perform addition, subtraction, multiplication and division. May require ability to calculate decimals and percentages.
- Functional Reasoning:
- Requires the ability to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagrammatic form. Involves semi-routine standardized work with increasing latitude for independent judgment concerning choices of action.
- Physical Ability: Tasks require the ability to exert light physical effort in sedentary to light work, but which may involve some lifting, carrying, pushing and/or pulling of objects and materials of light weight (5-10 pounds). Tasks may involve extended periods of time at a keyboard or workstation.
- Sensory Requirements: Some tasks require the ability to perceive and differentiate visual cues or signals. Some tasks require the ability to communicate orally.
- Environmental Factors: Essential functions are regularly performed without exposure to adverse environmental conditions.
This position is accepting applications in all locations.
Normal business office environment
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required.
*This is not necessarily an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, skills, duties, requirements, efforts or working conditions associated with the job. While this is intended to be an accurate reflection of the current job, management reserves the right to revise the job or to require that other or different tasks be performed when circumstances change (e.g., emergencies, changes in personnel, workload, rush jobs, or technological developments). There may be physical requirements typical of this position that are not specified in this description.
Meet Some of NFP's Employees
Client Services Administrator, Benefits
Graham is responsible for accurately maintaining healthcare benefit information for NFP clients. He enrolls and deletes individual profiles as people come and go, and oversees program marketing.
Back to top