Covala Group is a proven enroller and administrator of voluntary, supplemental and individual disability benefits for large employers. Since 1993 we have connected employees of our clients to over $4.5 billion of income protection. We have also assisted Fortune 500 companies in the development and implementation of group life insurance, corporate owned life insurance, and long term care programs.
Our name, Covala, was inspired by the covalent bond, the strongest type of chemical bond there is. Covala embodies our dedication to forming powerful bonds with our clients and plan participants — connecting them to the benefits they need and the service they deserve.
The Receptionist is the first voice, first contact, first impression callers and visitors will experience, therefore, the expectation is that he/she will provide our clients with the highest quality of service in a professional, polite, friendly manner. This position also provides administrative assistance to the Principal, Directors and Administration Team of the firm.
- Welcome and introduce visitors/guests (announcing them to appropriate parties, taking coats, offering drinks and setting up in conference room)
- Answer and screen phone calls with appropriate greeting, triaging, directing calls to appropriate people, taking detailed messages with call back info
- Maintain reception area, conference room and kitchen
- Receive and sort incoming mail, Fed Ex packages as well as other deliveries and distribute to appropriate people
- Take outgoing mail out (stamping, bringing to mail slot in lobby of building or going to Post Office)
- Schedule/set up messenger service when directed to
- Send out FedEx items (logging into website, creating packing slips and calling for pick-ups)
- Assist principal with office organization including taking care of bins on his desk (shred bin as well as to be filed bin) as well as creating binders for various projects.
- Filing, faxing and scanning as directed
- Manage contacts as well as calendar items in Outlook for the principal including scheduling meetings internally and externally
- Assisting principal with travel needs including booking flights, hotels and car rentals, adding this to calendar in Outlook as well as printing out confirmations to give to principal
- Arrange catering needs for meetings as well as make restaurant reservations as directed
- Keep track of kitchen and office inventory, placing orders when needed with office manager's approval
- Assist with assigned projects given by billing and admin teams
- Excellent personal appearance
- Strong communicative and interpersonal skills
- 1-2 years of prior administrative experience -answering phones/working at a reception desk
- Excellent phone mannerism: Provide friendly, articulate, polite and professional manner with clients
- Ability to support executives with administrative duties and calendar management
- Highly detail oriented
- Ability to multi-task and stay organized in a fast paced environment
- Ability to manage a reception area gracefully and efficiently
- Ability to perform repetitive routine tasks with accuracy and consistency
- Strong organizational skills
- Knowledge of Microsoft Word, Microsoft Outlook and Excel
Meet Some of NFP's Employees
Account Manager, Benefits
Kristie is responsible for maintaining great relationships with NFP company clients, answering the questions of current partners, creating proposals for contract renewal and preparing materials for open-enrollment meetings.
Back to top