Work with Excel workbooks under close scrutiny and review by supervisor for the following projects:
- IBNR Reports
- Non-discrimination Testing Reports
- Self-insured Rate Equivalent calculations
- COBRA rate equivalent calculations
- Medicare Part D actuarial testing
The intern will have the opportunity to attend regular meetings with the Benefits team as well as staff meetings and training with interns from other departments.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: To perform this job successfully, individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
- Prepare Excel workbooks to accommodate new data
- Download data from carrier portals
- Import data into Excel workbooks
- Format reports after calculations are complete
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND/OR ABILITIES:
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Requires attention to detail, good organization skills, and the ability to work independently
- Proficiency with MS Office products, including Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Dedicated work ethic with a commitment to client service excellence
- Experience working in a team environment
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
- Pursuit of degree in actuarial sciences with a GPA above 3.0.
- Prefer initiation of Society of Actuaries exams
- Insurance knowledge or experience a plus.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATION: None required.
Meet Some of NFP's Employees
Client Services Administrator, Benefits
Graham is responsible for accurately maintaining healthcare benefit information for NFP clients. He enrolls and deletes individual profiles as people come and go, and oversees program marketing.
Back to top