Account Manager, P\u0026C Personal Lines
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Professional and prompt customer service including phone, email and walk-in inquiries on new and existing client accounts, including client questions on topics such as coverage, reporting of claims, billing, etc.
- Disseminate appropriate needs of client as it relates to Personal Insurance
- Facilitate requests and needs of Carriers on behalf of clients
- Enter client/prospect data into Agency Management System (EPIC)
- Assist with marketing Carriers for appropriate coverage as needed
- Use online carrier tools to develop coverage/endorsement quotations
- Conduct annual Account Reviews with clients as necessary
- Update client proposals
- Effective account cross selling/upselling
- Process completed applications, including follow-up for documents required
- Request policy changes as requested by client, Account Executive or Producer
- Monitor financial status of accounts, collect premiums, and adhere to agency collection policies.
- Work on special projects as assigned at the direction of office leadership
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND/OR ABILITIES:
- Highly organized with excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Self-confident to make sound independent decisions
- Ability to successfully interact with a variety of people and function well both in a team environment and autonomously.
- Ability to handle situations in a calm, courteous and professional manner
- Customer focused to establish and maintain effective relationships
- Intermediate level of experience in Microsoft Office products, specifically Word, Excel and Outlook
- Ability to prioritize multiple tasks to meet deadlines
- Possess strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Sharp attention to detail, decision making skills, and problem resolution
- Flexibility and adaptability to changing priorities, deadlines and technology.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
- High School graduate or general education degree (GED), college preferred
- Must have P&C License or working to obtain
- Minimum 3 years previous P&C insurance office experience desired
Professional insurance designation preferred or willing to obtain (such as AAI, CISR, ACSR, etc.)
Back to top