Account Manager, Management Liability
Join NFP Corp, 4th Largest Privately Owned Broker in the United States, as ranked by "Business Insurance":Ranked in the Top 10 Best P&C Agencies to Work for by “Insurance Journal”!
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Matches mail; ie: policies, endorsements, pending mail, copies.
- Inputs changes or updates into Excel spreadsheets for new business submissions and renewals.
- Data entry into agency management system.
- Follows up with insurance companies for outstanding policies, endorsements, etc.
- Prepares quote letters and binders under direction of Account Executive.
- Maintains the suspense file both electronic and manual for various correspondence and endorsements.
- Performs cursory policy checking by matching terms of binder and policy for final sign off by an Account Executive.
- Processes premium and non-premium endorsements.
- Performs binder billing.
- Responsible for training new clerks and trainees.
- Maintains phone coverage for teammates in their absence.
As regards direct account responsibility:
- Responsible for checking the accuracy of policies, endorsements, audits, etc. received from the various insurance companies.
- Responsible for the daily correspondence, email, faxes, mail and policy checking, maintaining up to date file correspondence, telephone communication for assigned accounts.
- Prepares renewal proposals for presentation to client, as well as new business proposals to be reviewed and approved by Financial Services Manager.
- Responsible for follow up with clients for outstanding subject to information required by the insurance carriers as a condition of binding coverage.
- Prepares/Reviews Monthly Account Portfolio Excel Reports.
- Reviews and communicates midterm coverage request.
- Completes coverage checklists and makes recommendations.
- Assists Claims Department with claim problems on coverage issues.
- Recommends new and additional coverages and obtains quotes.
- May visit clients/markets to review insurance programs or new products.
- Minimum three years of experience with Management Liability related products.
- Financial analysis skills are not required but will increase the candidate’s ability to excel.
- Must be computer literate with proficiency in basic Word and Excel skills.
- P&C Broker License required.
- College degree strongly preferred.
- CPCU or other professional designation a plus.
- AMS/Sagitta experience a plus
At NFP Corp., our solutions and expertise are matched only by our personal commitment to each client's goals. We are a leading insurance broker and consultant providing employee benefits, property & casualty, retirement, and individual insurance and wealth management solutions through our licensed subsidiaries and affiliates. Our registered investment advisers and broker-dealers empower independent financial advisors with integrated technology, subject matter expertise and a suite of customized services.
NFP has more than 4,600 employees and global capabilities. Our expansive reach gives us access to highly rated insurers, vendors and financial institutions in the industry, while our locally based employees tailor each solution to meet our clients' needs. We have become one of the largest insurance brokerages, consulting and wealth management firms by building enduring relationships with our clients and helping them realize their goals. NFP is headquartered in New York, with corporate offices in Austin and Chicago. We also have more than 150+ sales offices across the country.
We offer a highly competitive compensation package with exceptional benefits, an outstanding training program, ongoing education and tremendous potential for growth. Our benefits package includes medical insurance, dental, vision, life insurance, short term disability, long term disability, 401(k) with a match, flexible spending accounts, health savings accounts, long term care, travel accident, employee assistance program, and comprehensive paid time off programs.
See what our colleagues are saying about careers at NFP! https://vimeo.com/218530991
Back to top