Account Manager I
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: To perform this job successfully, individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
- Supports the Producer(s) or Account Executives with overall client servicing needs.
- Compiles data collection for RFP process such as census, FormFire, MHQ (medical health questionnaires), experience, contract and bargaining agreements.
- Creates RFP and/or public bids and submits to carriers. Monitors progress to secure quotes on a timely basis.
- Assists with spread sheeting carrier quotes and preparing preliminary recommendation presentations to clients.
- Proof read memos, RFP’s, client recommendations and communications.
- Facilitates post enrollment information to carriers. Includes census information, master contracts, SBC delivery, enrollment checklists, participates in carrier installations, plan implementations and conference calls.
- Creates and/or updates Employee Communication collateral
- Assists with Power Point Presentation for Employee Meetings or Client Presentation
- Assists Account Manager or Account Executive with data collection for client commissions, saves in Data Base.
- Overall maintenance of internal data base. Updates data base with benefit plans, rate information, contact changes and claim issues on a timely basis. .
- Provides customer service to both Human Resource Personnel and Employees of the client to answer benefit questions, billing and service issues. Updates service issues in data base.
- Maintains compliance knowledge in federal and state laws (e.g. ERISA, COBRA, HIPAA, FMLA, FSA, HSA, HRA, Sec 125 and PPACA).
- Attends client functions, such as Health Fairs and key client meetings
- Facilitates AOR and BAA Agreements when needed.
- Other duties as assigned
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND/OR ABILITIES:
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, specifically Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook
- Math Ability: add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, decimals and calculate percentages
- Understanding of frequently used insurance terminology
- Knowledge of Internet and ability to research and retrieve information
- Understanding of departments, Company and team’s role in the organization
- Ability to interact well with internal and external customers
- Strong oral and written communications skills
- Strong organizational skills and ability to prioritize tasks
- Attention to detail
- Ability to maintain strict confidentiality in regard to work performed
- Ability to multi-task and adjust to changing priorities in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to meet deadlines
- Ability to maintain positive attitude
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBLITIES: None
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
- High school diploma or equivalent required. Some college preferred.
- 3+ years of Employee Benefits or related experience, or any combination of education, experience and training that provides knowledge and abilities to perform the job.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATION:
- Life, Accident & Health License, per state requirements
- Ongoing Education
- CE Requirements
- FFM Certification
- Ongoing Education
PHYSICAL DEMAND: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Ability to sit at a computer for long periods of time
- Standing, walking, talking, hearing, sitting, reaching
- Lifting up to 10 lbs. occasionally
WORKING CONDITIONS: Climate controlled office environment.
Meet Some of NFP's Employees
Client Services Administrator, Benefits
Graham is responsible for accurately maintaining healthcare benefit information for NFP clients. He enrolls and deletes individual profiles as people come and go, and oversees program marketing.
Back to top