Account Manager – Commercial Property & Casualty
Summary: The Account Manager is responsible for the maintenance of client and prospect files. This individual must be able to communicate orally and in writing to clients, prospective clients, insurance company personnel, and co-workers. In addition, the incumbent assists and facilitates the activities of its team members.
- Communicate effectively orally and in writing with clients, prospects, insurance company personnel, and co-workers to make requests and answer inquiries.
- Work closely with the producer in client relationship development and retention.
- Binding new and renewal insurance.
- Responsible for the invoicing of client policy records.
- Maintain expiration lists for the producers who are assigned to this person, to ensure that the renewals are ordered or not renewed accordingly.
- Maintain a suspense system to be sure that policies, endorsements and other information is received to comply with request.
- Certify current coverages provided when requested by a client.
- Responsible to verify that documents (policies and endorsements, and information requested comply with what was requested.
- Answer billing questions from clients and insurance company personnel with assistance from our Accounting Department when necessary.
- Attend Commercial meetings and make sure discussions in those meetings are communicated to team members not in attendance.
- Maintain Accounts Receivable accounts based on company guidelines.
- Keep aware of industry news by reading trade journals, articles, etc. which are circulated throughout the office.
- Attend educational classes/seminars. Make sure continuing professional education hours are maintained to assure license renewal.
- Assist producer in marketing new and existing accounts.
- Contract review for insurance requirements within the insurance section of the contracts.
- Negotiates terms, conditions, coverage limits and pricing with carries and wholesalers.
- Participates in training Account Coordinators and Administrators, helping these associates to become Account Managers.
- Performs miscellaneous duties incidental to the above.
Meet Some of NFP's Employees
Account Manager, Benefits
Kristie is responsible for maintaining great relationships with NFP company clients, answering the questions of current partners, creating proposals for contract renewal and preparing materials for open-enrollment meetings.
Back to top