Account Manager - Commercial Agriculture
The Account Manager II, provides clients with expertise in the field of Commercial Agriculture Lines insurance along with a quality of service that maintains long-term relationships. Maintain and develop existing and new customers through appropriate propositions, ethical sales methods, and relevant internal liaison to optimize the quality of service, business growth, and customer satisfaction. Support and maintain the Commercial Lines Department, including staff and production.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: To perform this job successfully, the individual must be able to execute each essential duty satisfactorily.
- Service of Commercial Agriculture Lines Insurance
- Disseminate appropriate needs of client as it relates Commercial Agriculture Insurance
- Facilitate requests and needs of Carriers on behalf of clients
- Enter client/prospect data into Agency Management System (EPIC)
- Secure and prepare summaries of clients’ historical Loss Data (using Excel & EPIC)
- Assist Account Executives with marketing Carriers for appropriate coverage as needed
- Use online carrier tools to develop quotations
- Prepare pre-renewal information for client’s review and approval
- Update client proposals (Word Tables)
- Process completed applications, including follow-up for documents required
- Request policy changes as requested by client, Account Executive or Producer
- Check Policies, Endorsements and Policy Audits for accuracy
- Bill policy transactions
- Follow through on transactions to ensure policies are properly issued
- Work on special projects as assigned at the direction of Account Executive and office leadership
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND/OR ABILITIES:
- 2+ years’ experience of Property & Casualty experience preferred. Will consider a mix of Personal and Commercial lines insurance experience
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Self-confident to make sound independent decisions
- Ability to successfully interact with a variety of people
- Customer focused to establish and maintain effective relationships
- Intermediate level of knowledge and experience of Microsoft Office, specifically Word, Excel and Outlook
- Possess good analytical and problem-solving skills
- Strong attention to detail, decision-making skills and problem resolution
- Ability to handle situations in a calm, courteous and professional manner
- Ability to prioritize multiple tasks to meet deadlines
- Ability to interact with a variety of people/personalities and function well in a team environment
- Experience with TAM Agency Management System
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
- College Degree preferred. MinimumHigh School graduate or GED.
- Previous P&C insurance office experience desired
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATION:
- Must have P&C Insurance License upon hire
- Professional insurance designation preferred (such as CIC, CISR, CPCU, etc.)
PHYSICAL DEMAND: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Ability to sit at a desk or computer for long periods of time
- Must be able to lift and carry up to 10 pounds
WORKING CONDITIONS: Climate controlled open office environment.
See Inside the Office of NFP
Through a network of 3,800 employees in hundreds of offices across the U.S., Canada, and the U.K, NFP is a leading insurance broker and consultant that provides employee benefits, property & casualty, retirement, and individual private client solutions through its licensed subsidiaries and affiliates. The company’s expansive reach allows its sales producers to access the most highly rated insurers, vendors, and financial institutions in the industry, while locally-based employees tailor solutions to meet clients' diverse needs.
Back to top