The commercial Lines Account Manager performs the essential functions of the position, which include aiding Sales Executives and Account Executives and clients with service needs and making changes to existing accounts. Specific service and marketing responsibilities are required in this position. Meets service and sales delivery standards and performs essential functions to the quality and service standards developed by NFP.
- Provides technical support to Sales Executive/Account Executive(s); specifically in analyzing client needs, coverage forms and quotations.
- Occasionally accompanies Sales Executive/Account Executive on prospect and client meetings as requested by Sales Executive.
- Completes applications in coordination with Sales Executive/Account Executive(s); submits applications to eligible and appropriate carriers; follows up to ensure timely receipt of quotations and policies.
- Orders and issues binders, certificates, policies, endorsements and other related items; verifies their accuracy; forwards them to client with appropriate correspondence.
- Determines if direct or agency billing is appropriate and invoices accordingly.
- Prepares summaries of insurance, schedules and proposals for word processing as needed.
- Processes renewals in coordination with Sales Executives/Account Executive(s) according to agency procedures.
- Reviews audits of policies; verifies accuracy and facilitates corrections, as needed, between client and carrier.
- Verifies policy and policy change information, facilitating corrections when necessary.
- Processes incoming mail and phone requests, responding promptly and appropriately.
- Invoices and pursues prompt payments; request cancellations from the carrier according to agency standards.
- Processes and following up on cancellations requests to carriers to ensure accurate and timely resolution; maintains agency in financial equity whenever possible.
- Assists clients in submitting first reports of claims, facilitates prompt response from carrier staff and follows up on claims status, according to agency procedures.
- Identifies exposure to loss and recommends appropriate coverages in coordination with Sales Executive/Account Executive(s).
Personal and Organizational Development
- Sets priorities and manages work flow to ensure efficient, timely and accurate processing of transactions and other responsibilities.
- Maintains a cordial and effective relationship with clients, co-workers, carriers, vendors and other business contacts.
- Keeps informed regarding industry information, new product information, legislation, coverages and technology to continuously improve knowledge and performance.
- Interacts with others effectively by utilizing good communications skills, cooperating purposefully and providing information and guidance, as needed, to achieve the business goals of the agency.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Property & Casualty license required
- College degree preferred, with a minimum of 5 years’ experience
- Ability to communicate orally and in writing with others to explain complex issues, receive and interpret complex information, and respond appropriately.
- Ability to understand written and oral communication, and interpret abstract information.
- Knowledge of insurance products and usage’s
- Knowledge of insurance markets and reference to markets
- Knowledge of insurance rating and underwriting procedures
- Ability to carry out complex tasks with many concrete and abstract variables
- Familiarity with agency management systems and computers
- Ability to process written and other materials visually
- Familiarity with Excel and it’s functions
Meet Some of NFP's Employees
April works to identify the wellness needs of NFP employees and client companies, constructing health and welfare strategies and implementing them throughout the life of a partnership.
Back to top