DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Develops and maintains ongoing relationships with clients. May coordinate/report to Account Executives with responsibility for specific clients.
- Acts as the subject matter expert on benefits and vendor/carrier products and services. May get assistance on subjects from Account Executives.
- Develops relationships with carrier representatives to better understand available products and services in the marketplace and recommend them to clients
- Anticipates client needs and identify the strategies to solve them
- Reviews request for proposals and insurance plan analyses, negotiate with carriers and recommend renewal actions.
- Oversees client projects such as implementation of new business, open enrollment process, non-discrimination testing, etc.
- Conducts annual client compliance audits using NFP portal.
- Provides updates to clients regarding appropriate industry trends and events, including all state and federal regulatory issues.
- Interprets plan rules to ensure compliance with Plan Documents and Summary Plan Descriptions.
- Enrolls new employees in benefit plans and provide benefit plan enrollments / changes.
- Process status changes.
- Reviews claims issues and discrepancies and provide information in non-routine situations.
- Understands and articulates alternative funding strategies.
- Analyze results of benchmarking surveys and prepare a comparison to develop specific recommendations for review by management and the client.
- Prepare information for quarterly, semi-annual and annual client meetings.
- Support the client and vendor with online enrollment system implementation and ongoing services.
- Works with Director, Accounts, and Senior Managers to develop and execute client strategy plan and defined deliverables.
- Performs other duties as assigned and increasingly exercises independent judgment subject to general supervisor support.
This is not necessarily an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, skills, duties, requirements, efforts or working conditions associated with the job. While this is intended to be an accurate reflection of the current job, management reserves the right to revise the job or to require that other or different tasks be performed when circumstances change (e.g., emergencies, changes in personnel, workload, rush jobs, or technological developments). There may be physical requirements typical of this position that are not specified in this description.
Meet Some of NFP's Employees
Account Manager, Benefits
Kristie is responsible for maintaining great relationships with NFP company clients, answering the questions of current partners, creating proposals for contract renewal and preparing materials for open-enrollment meetings.
Back to top