Account Executive - United Business Insurance Agency
Responsible for working with Benefits Consultants and AE team to service client accounts and build strong relationships with clients, vendors and other internal and external resources. Position requires day to day account management for a specific set of clients and entails a high degree of verbal, electronic and other written communications.
- Assist Benefits Consultants with day to day client servicing of accounts, with a focus on account retention
- Develop and maintain ongoing relationships with clients, team members and vendor partners.
- Cultivate new relationships with businesses that lead to additional revenue opportunities.
- Prepare for and participate in on-site client meetings during all phases of the relationship ( prospect marketing, open enrollment, and benefit committee meetings)
- Attend to client requests including product or vendor service or performance challenges.
- Create monthly/quarterly and annual reports for client review as needed.
- Assist with client renewals and marketing and client meeting presentations.
- Assist with creating and updating benefits related guides, education resources and cost analysis for clients.
- Assist with collection and management of annual benchmarking surveys.
- Prepare and conduct RFP's for vendor products and services to ensure best-in-class offerings for clients.
- Other duties as assigned
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND/OR ABILITIES:
- 5+ years of experience in an Account Executive role in the insurance/employee benefits industry, preferably with an agency background
- Proven track record of account retention at 90% or above; experience managing high volume of accounts
- Solid understanding of the factors and issues that drive employee benefits. Working knowledge of the Affordable Care Act and its mandates to employer groups
- Understanding of the needs of HR leaders and executive clients
- Experience using benefits administration systems, preferably EaseCentral
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to handle multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong computer skills including proficiency with Microsoft Office applications (MS Word, Excel, Powerpoint & MS Publisher, with a focus on MS Excel and Powerpoint proficiency
- Customer focus and collaborative approach, with strong problem resolution skills.
- Ability to travel to client worksites a must.
- Four Year college or university degree with course work in Human Resources Management, Business Administration, Industrial Psychology or healthcare related field, or equivalent experience
- Health and welfare consulting experience within a corporate employer or insurance broker environment is preferable.
- Knowledge of benefits administration, industry trends, carrier products and services.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATION:
- MA Life & Health License preferred, ability to obtain licensing if needed.
- HIPAA Certification a plus
Meet Some of NFP's Employees
Account Manager, Benefits
Kristie is responsible for maintaining great relationships with NFP company clients, answering the questions of current partners, creating proposals for contract renewal and preparing materials for open-enrollment meetings.
Back to top