Account Executive - Employee Benefits
Join NFP CorpRanked in the Top 10 Best Agencies toWork for by “Insurance Journal”!
NFP, a growing employee benefits consulting and brokerage firm and recipient of Washington Business Journal’s Best Place to Work for twelve consecutive years, is seeking an Account Executive. The ability to work independently and collaboratively in a deadline-oriented, corporate, team environment is an important component of this position.
NFP is a fun place to work, offering company social events and sports teams, a wellness program and so much more. We provide competitive salaries, 401(k) matching, a robust benefits package including health insurance, Paid Time Off and a business casual dress environment, just to name a few of the many reasons our staff voted us one of the best places in DC to work.
We are seeking an Account Executive to join us in our Bethesda office (options available for some remote and work-from-home accommodations): You will support consultants in managing client accounts by researching, analyzing, and evaluating medical, dental, life and disability benefits plans and programs for employers with more than 100 employees. The expectation at this level is that the AE will exercise more independent thinking and be able to complete projects with little guidance from consultants
- Data entry and analysis - assist the consulting team in gathering, organizing, entering and analyzing data using Excel spreadsheets to be used for various client projects. This role also involves an increased focus on analysis of the results and managing portions of projects, including reviewing the work of lower level analysts.
Examples of the types of projects and responsibilities include:
- Marketing efforts – gather benchmarking, utilization or rate data from the vendors via a Request for Proposal (RFP); interpret the meaning of the data and summarize the responses from the RFP in Excel or PowerPoint format for presentation to the client
- Cost projections and vendor renewal workups – gather data from the client and vendors to populate Excel spreadsheets used for developing cost projections and evaluation of vendor renewal workups; results are used as part of client renewal and budget meetings
- Tracking claims experience – gather data from client and vendors and check for reasonableness using independent judgment; analyze actual versus expected healthcare costs using an Excel template; results are typically sent to clients on a monthly or quarterly basis
- Plan design consolidation – gather data from the client and current vendors needed for analyzing the impact of a client’s consolidation of its healthcare plans; typically involves organizing and summarizing plan design details and costs in Excel for further analysis by the team; responsibilities also include checking data for reasonableness and follow-up with vendors regarding missing or inaccurate data.
- Understand Health and Benefits products, services and tools -Understand vendor/carrier markets, more advanced underwriting and financial skills, Health & Benefit products, services and technical tools, and intranet resources offered by NFP by participating in training courses, online learning, or through learning from more experienced colleagues.
- Project management & consulting skills –understand and demonstrate project management and consulting skills such as:
- Managing the quality and timeliness of client deliverables
- Helping to develop budgets and billing reports
- Participating in client calls and meetings as appropriate
- Delegating to and reviewing project work of more junior colleagues
- Assisting with the preparation and delivery of clear and concise client-friendly communications.
- Develop and present benchmarking reports –gather and analyze health benefits data from a national survey administered and published by various sources, input it into a standardized template and compare a client’s medical and dental plan information (such as the benefits they offer, rates, contributions) to other companies by industry or geography and present the final report to the client. The analyst will have a discussion with a consultant up front to determine what cuts of the data to make.
- BA/BS preferred
- Three to Five years of industry experience required
- Experience with large markets and self-funded plans ideal
- Knowledge of MS Office Tools (Excel, PowerPoint)
- Excellent interpersonal skills; strong oral and written communication skills
- Ability to prioritize and handle multiple tasks in a demanding work environment
- Ability to work independently and on a team
- Required to obtain and maintain appropriate licenses as required by state regulations and NFP policies
- Availability to travel on an as-needed basis
- Life & Health License required
NFP has more than 4,600 employees and global capabilities. Our expansive reach gives us access to highly rated insurers, vendors and financial institutions in the industry, while our locally based employees tailor each solution to meet our clients' needs. We have become one of the largest insurance brokerages, consulting and wealth management firms by building enduring relationships with our clients and helping them realize their goals. NFP is headquartered in New York, with corporate offices in Austin and Chicago. We also have more than 150+ sales offices across the country. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer
We offer a highly competitive compensation package with exceptional benefits, an outstanding training program, ongoing education and tremendous potential for growth. Our benefits package includes medical insurance, dental, vision, life insurance, short term disability, long term disability, 401(k) with a match, flexible spending accounts, health savings accounts, long term care, travel accident, employee assistance program, and comprehensive paid time off programs.
See Inside the Office of NFP
Through a network of 3,800 employees in hundreds of offices across the U.S., Canada, and the U.K, NFP is a leading insurance broker and consultant that provides employee benefits, property & casualty, retirement, and individual private client solutions through its licensed subsidiaries and affiliates. The company’s expansive reach allows its sales producers to access the most highly rated insurers, vendors, and financial institutions in the industry, while locally-based employees tailor solutions to meet clients' diverse needs.
Back to top