- San Diego, CA
The Account Coordinator is responsible for maintaining the front desk as well as assisting account coordinators and account managers with various administrative duties, including but not limited to distributing incoming mail, issuing certificates of insurance, and policy check-ins.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include, but not limited to:
- Answering and directing incoming phone calls.
- Checking and transferring voicemail messages.
- Checking and forwarding incoming electronic faxes.
- Communicating with clients, employees, and vendors via email, fax, and phone conversations.
- Distributing incoming mail.
- Downloading and distributing documents from company websites.
- Greeting and assisting incoming clients and vendors.
- Maintaining order in front office area.
- Preparing and coordinating drop-off of overnight packages.
- Printing cover page and coil binding insurance policies.
- Prioritizing projects in inbox.
- Processing outgoing mail.
- Refilling paper in copier/fax machines.
- Requesting back-up phone coverage as needed throughout the day.
- Preparing dead folders.
- Returned Certificates
- Issuing Certificates of Insurance
- Policy check in
- Placing extra reams of copy paper at designated destinations.
- Cleaning and restocking kitchen area.
- Designing PowerPoint presentations, Excel worksheets/graphs, proposals, and other marketing material; updating/creating forms.
This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
Bachelor's degree (B.A. or B.S.) from an accredited four-year college or university, or 6 months to 1 year related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
OTHER SKILLS AND ABILITIES
Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook), typing and computer literate.
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively with vendors, clients or employees of organization.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
Valid CA Property & Casualty Insurance License preferred
Back to top