- Book guests for NFL Network and NFL Digital Media platforms as assigned, with a particular emphasis on maximizing guest utilization across digital and broadcast platforms.
- Ability to work in a live production environment, including live programming and breaking news, and to manage on-site talent/production requirements at high-profile events, e.g. Super Bowl, and NFL Combine.
- When needed, conduct pre-interviews over the phone, and set-up on camera interviews and b-roll shoots.
- Prepare background research for on-air talent and program producers.
- Cultivate and maintain long-term relationships with players, agents, NFL teams’ PR staffs and the League office.
- Maintain strong working relationships with agencies and publicists to ensure desired guests can be booked when needed.
- Work with digital and broadcast program producers to develop segment ideas.
- Maintain a master booking calendar and a master booking database for the NFL Media Group.
- Must be able to work creatively and independently, and be able to think beyond the conventional to achieve the memorable.
- Working knowledge of the abilities and background of potential guests to be able to suggest them to appropriate programs or in breaking news situations.
- Requires 2-4 years of experience booking daily guests for cross-platform news or sports programming, radio or television, and digital media.
- Requires 2-4 years of experience in a multi-platform environment focused on daily content production.
- Demonstrated familiarity and proficiency working with public relations and talent agencies. Experience working with the PR departments for the 32 clubs of the NFL is a plus.
- Must have an extensive contact list with excellent NFL and football-related contacts.
- Research skills are essential to this position as is the ability to articulate the editorial focus of each guest interview.
- Willingness to work days, nights, weekends and holidays, and be “on-call” during “off-hours.”
- Experience producing live guest remotes.
- An understanding of the effect of social media on the news cycle and its importance in pitching and booking guests.
- Proven ability to work independently under tight deadlines with challenging personalities.
Back to top