Systems Engineer Level III
As an Infrastructure Engineer, you will be part of a team responsible for delivering critical technical services. You will function as a subject matter expert and will be expected to make technical decisions on complex designs supporting business systems. The engineering team provides proactive support as well as hands on implementation involving Public/Private Cloud Integration, Windows Server Infrastructure, Network Infrastructure, Storage and Virtualization.
- Ability to research and create enterprise class architectural designs for infrastructure technologies.
- Ability to provide capacity analysis for strategy and performance of infrastructure technologies.
- Ability to understand complexities and interdependencies in infrastructure technologies through the application and client layer.
- Hands on management and maintenance of Cloud Services, Storage, Network, Active Directory, VMware, Windows.
- Develop, design and document road maps for upgrades and implementations of new infrastructure technologies.
- Leads junior engineers and operations team through technical escalations, procedures and project tasks.
- Representative for key infrastructure technology initiatives, leading engagements with staff and vendors.
- Engineers are subject matter experts, and are tasked with senior technology stewardship of the NFL environment. Duties include; advanced problem resolution, systems upgrades and integrations with developers and business users, system resource analysis, project planning, and training operations team members in procedures.
- Excellent written communication and documentation for intended audiences are requirements for all systems engineers.
- Engineers work in a tightly linked team. The use of collaboration tools and the ability to succeed in an interactive and fast paced group of technology experts is required.
- Client and Vendor relationship management with direction from the Infrastructure Director.
- Technical Project task management and prioritization.
- Strong technical background in a hosted services environment
- Expert: Public, private and hybrid Cloud Infrastructure design and management (AWS, Azure).
- Expert: Storage architecture, management and maintenance (NFS, SMB)
- Expert: Windows Server 2008 R2, 2012 R2
- Expert: VMware vSphere Suite Versions 5.1-6 — VCP Preferred
- Expert: MS Active Directory 2008 R2, 2012 R2
- Expert: Active Directory Federated Services (ADFS)
- Expert: Network Infrastructure and maintenance
- Advanced: Windows PowerShell scripting
- Windows based NTFS and Share Permissions
- SQL server cluster architecture 2008 R2, 2012, 2014
- Well versed in industry standards and best practices
- Expert level ability to gather relevant information required to troubleshoot and resolve issues
- Ability to balance project based workloads and daily tasks.
- Tenacity in taking on new challenges in technology and learning new skills through self-guided and official training.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Good analytical, problem solving and decision making skills
- Ability to work with project management tools to provide detailed reports and project task timelines.
- Industry Certifications Preferred
INCUMBENT SPECIFIC DETAIL
- Cloud Architect
- Windows Server Architect
- Active Directory Architect
- Storage Architect
- VMware Architect
- Network Architect
- Infrastructure Dashboard and Reporting
- Systems Security Strategy
- Able to work; Weekends, Holidays, Shifts outside of normal business hours, Overtime
- Able to travel between offices domestically in NY, NJ, and CA
Back to top