Sr. Software Engineer
The National Football League is looking for passionate and experienced engineers to help build out our fan-facing web, mobile and backend services. NFL Engineers build and maintain NFL.com, NFL Fantasy Football, 32 NFL Club Sites, native mobile apps and connected devices experiences, as well as other products to scale for our user base of 200+ million fans worldwide!
The applications we build are used by millions of fans every week. This means progressive development practices and a culture built around rapid releases are at the core of our development lifecycle. Our teams value close attention to detail and code designed to face constant iteration and collaboration. Each line of code is reviewed by other developers, every pixel inspected by designers, and every feature put to the test with manual and automated testing. Continuous integration and continuous delivery give us the opportunity to put new ideas into the hands of our fans quickly and supported by a combination of analytics, feature flagging, and user testing allow us to iterate rapidly.
Our web platform is based on React.js. Check out our open source projects: https://github.com/nfl/react-helmet, a document head manager for React https://github.com/nfl/react-wildcat, an opinionated React environment https://github.com/nfl/react-metrics, an analytics module for React https://github.com/nfl/graphql-rxjava, an execution strategy for GraphQL RxJava.
All our applications are powered by a Java-based backend platform, which is comprised by numerous micro-services and includes a unified API that is leveraged to create fan-facing experiences in many shapes and forms.
We are growing our team with permanent positions and competitive compensation packages. Our LA campus is in Los Angeles' west side and includes the NFL Media Fieldhouse as well as the Gridiron Studios for NFL Network.
We are looking for an experienced software engineer with strong leadership skills and a passion for building engaging consumer experiences at scale, who wants to collaborate with our developers to leverage the latest web technologies.
We get excited about using new frameworks, methodologies and approaches to figure out better ways to build digital products around content delivery across multiple platforms, including web, mobile, tablet, consoles and connected devices.
You will work closely with other groups within the NFL, as well as with partners, on joint implementations and integrations to meet aggressive performance and scalability goals to address unique traffic patterns and emergence of new platforms and technologies.
You will be involved in the entire software development lifecycle of the NFL digital offerings and will guide and mentor other engineers on architecture, implementation and best practices to reinforce a culture of constant improvement based on automation and continuous integration/delivery.
- Java EE, Spring, Camel, JPA, ORMs
- 7+ years of experience
- Experience with other JVM languages a plus
- Web servers (e.g. Netty, NginX, Jetty)
- Messaging systems (e.g. Kafka, RabbitMQ, ActiveMQ)
- Data processing (e.g. Spark, Storm)
- Search engines (e.g. Elasticsearch, Solr)
- Relational and non-relational databases
- Experience with GraphQL implementations a plus
- Cloud-based services
- Enterprise integration patterns
- Service-oriented architecture (SOA) and micro-services
- Event driven architecture
- Agile development
- Appreciate the architectural ecosystem of engineering and be able to illustrate it
- Excel working in a paradigm of continuous delivery
- Salary, bonus, pension, 401K, medical, dental, vision
- NFL Media Culture Committee hosted events - bowling night, movie screenings, sports leagues
- Catered meals on game days
- Gym membership reimbursements
Back to top