Sr. Manager, Payroll
The Payroll Senior Manager reports to the Controller. The position requires the senior manager to have extensive experience with managing all aspects of payroll laws, time reporting laws, and experience with related systems and processing activities as well as have hands on expertise. Is the primary liaison to the departments responsible for employing static and dynamic workforces (principally Human Resources, Football Op's, and Network production). Must be proactive, manage and prioritize complex and time sensitive activities to accomplish all key objectives and bring continual improvements to the department. The ability to lead, problem solve, set and achieve stretch goals and to work in team settings as well as independently are necessary skills.
- Manage all aspects of daily operations of Payroll department including supervision of staff.
- Experience with executive deferred compensation and performance-based compensation arrangements.
- Ensure compliance with all federal, state, and local laws regarding payroll administration, tax payments etc. Resolve all matters involving compliance therewith.
- Develops and grows staff, leads by example.
- Develops and implements solutions to problems identified.
- Manages multi-state payroll compliance for all employees
- Ensures that all bank and GL account reconciliation items are resolved by staff timely to ensure proper tax and W-2 reporting and to protect accounts from misstatement.
- Ensures proper responses are given to employees and governmental inquiries
- Overseas that all deductions are withheld and remitted to appropriate party
- Primary responsibility for ensuring the usefulness and adequacy of all management and benefit administration reporting
- Handles audits as necessary
- Goal oriented, independent leader of all payroll activities that is a core team member within the Controller's Office.
- Expert user knowledge of ADP EV5 or other sophisticated payroll systems.
- Expert user knowledge of complex time reporting rules and systems; ADP's E-Time preferred.
- Experience with ADP's Employee & Manager self-service
- Strong knowledge of payroll recorded to the general ledger and balancing
- Skilled in report writing and data analysis using advanced Excel
- Knowledgeable in payroll tax laws and complex employee benefit programs impacting payroll
- Expert knowledge of various pay and deduction codes
- Expert knowledge of executive deferred compensation plans is required
- Functional experience with systems implementation and integration a strong plus
- Experience with expatriate assignments and payroll a plus
- Continually able to prioritize assignments, meet deadlines and achieve departmental/personal goals
- High level of leadership skills, motivator of staff and strong organization and accuracy skills
- Ability to work independently and extended hours to meet all critical deadlines
- Strong work ethic, and maintains highest levels of integrity and professionalism
See Inside the Office of NFL
Founded in 1920, the NFL’s mission is to showcase the League and its teams, uphold and preserve the integrity of the game of football, and reach the broadest possible audience of fans. The highest level of professional football in the U.S.—and the official source for everything football—the NFL seeks to define the football lifestyle and create the ultimate game experience for its fans.
Back to top