Sr. Director, Application Development
You are an experienced leader who will set the vision and drive a team of Web, Mobile, and DTV Developers. Working along side the Product team, your team will create, drive and deliver innovative, compelling, user-friendly products and services.
- Actively develops and grows leadership talent through effective mentoring, coaching, succession planning, and retention strategies.
- Partners with the business to define the vision and roadmap direction for functional areas and teams.
- Uses agile software development methodologies to deliver high quality applications, features, and services on time with exceptional quality.
- Takes responsibility for the overall planning, execution, and success of complex technical projects across middleware and backend services.
- Drives continuous process improvement and innovation, identifying ways to reduce friction and increase the velocity of the teams and the overall organization.
- Continually fine tunes the balance and trade-offs between delivery and investment, iteration and innovation, and tactical and strategic initiatives.
- Brings adoption of advancements in technology and software development best practices into the organization when appropriate.
- Prioritizes well and communicate clearly with status updates to the wider team, partner groups, and senior company leaders.
Bonus Points if you have:
- Experience with digital video ecosystems (acquisition, encoding, VCMS, ad insertion).
- Extensive cross-organization collaboration playing a crucial role in interfacing with various technology teams and business stakeholders to identify requirements, converting them to functional specs, prioritizing, and driving execution using agile methodologies.
- Experience leading teams in a globally distributed environment.
- Must be able to work in an office environment.
- Will require less than 10% of travel.
Expected Hours of Work:
- 40 hours per week, additional hours as needed.
See Inside the Office of NFL
Founded in 1920, the NFL’s mission is to showcase the League and its teams, uphold and preserve the integrity of the game of football, and reach the broadest possible audience of fans. The highest level of professional football in the U.S.—and the official source for everything football—the NFL seeks to define the football lifestyle and create the ultimate game experience for its fans.
Back to top