Software Engineer II - Football Solutions
The NFL is looking for a software engineer with football knowledge to join an innovative team of .NET developers and solutions architects. The team is responsible for timely delivery of software and hardware solutions for football technologies at the NFL. We work closely with multiple NFL departments to design and develop our systems to satisfy our ever growing customer needs.
We are looking for extremely driven software engineers interested in working on a focused team to deliver successful solutions that impact a number of core NFL functions. You will have a strong technical background with experience in development of high performance .NET solutions. The successful candidate will be someone who is a self-starter with ownership attitude and a good communicator that is able to work within a team that delivers cutting edge solutions on tight deadlines. This is an excellent opportunity to get involved in innovating with new football solutions and become an expert in the domain.
- Determines operational feasibility by evaluating analysis, problem definition, requirements, solution development, and proposed solutions.
- Documents and demonstrates solutions by developing documentation, flowcharts, layouts, diagrams, charts, code comments and clear code.
- Improves operations by conducting systems analysis; recommending changes in policies and procedures.
- Remains on the cutting edge by studying state-of-the-art data driven philosophies, development tools, and programming techniques; participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations.
- Protects intellectual property & operations by keeping information confidential.
- Provides information by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing development and service issues.
- Develops software solutions by studying information needs; conferring with users; studying systems flow, data usage, and work processes; investigating problem areas; following the software development lifecycle.
- Perform technical analysis and document technical requirements, design, and development of software.
- Convert functional specifications and design artifacts into software designs and other technical artifacts, with an emphasis on performance, security, extensibility and efficient reuse.
- Conduct code reviews to ensure conformance with specifications and established methodologies.
- Provide technical support to various activities and internal infrastructure within the company.
- Work with business implementation leads to identify workflows, protocols, information gathering for new solutions.
- Responsible for effectively engaging with IT project management and reporting project status.
- Participate and work with Business Analysts in the analysis and development of business requirements.
- Establish and adhere to set project development plans and release dates.
- Contribute to the development of QA Functional Test Scripts and Performance Test Plans.
- Technical lead on one or many projects at a time; other duties as assigned.
- Provide on-site (league office) and remote (stadiums) game day support during the NFL Season.
- Willing to travel for project deployments, off site meetings and on-site game day support at NFL games.
Required Experience and Skills:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or a related field with strong technical background.
- Knowledge of American Football (required).
- Strong knowledge of C#, Visual Basic, SQL Server, .NET, C++, ASP.Net, ASP.Net MVC, HTML5, CSS3, JQuery.
- 2-4 years’ professional experience developing on technology platforms in the Microsoft technology stack, including IIS, Windows Server, .NET, SQL Server, SharePoint, WCF, Web API, SSRS, Team Foundation Server.
- Experience in the following areas: Software architecture and development: Data modeling and database design; Web application security; Hardware devices including laptops, desktops, mobile, storage; TCP/IP and networking.
- Be able to communicate technical issues in business terms so that senior leadership can evaluate options and make sound decisions.
- Ability to handle multiple priorities and meet aggressive deadlines.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Experience with Umbraco, AWS and Windows Azure is a plus.
- Highly organized, focused, flexible, motivated, detail oriented, and dedicated team player.
- Experience and knowledge in video technologies, compression algorithms, encoding/decoding video, video formats and wrappers, time code, video editors, video streaming, IPTV systems, multicast, unicast, DVR technologies, hardware and software encoders is a plus.
See Inside the Office of NFL
Founded in 1920, the NFL’s mission is to showcase the League and its teams, uphold and preserve the integrity of the game of football, and reach the broadest possible audience of fans. The highest level of professional football in the U.S.—and the official source for everything football—the NFL seeks to define the football lifestyle and create the ultimate game experience for its fans.
Back to top