Social Content Editor
The Digital Media Group is seeking a Social Content Editor, to manage the day-to-day creation, production and execution of social content across NFL social channels.
- Reporting to Director of Social Content, NFL.com
- Select, prioritize, edit, curate, produce and post content of all types (text, video, photo, etc.) for use on NFL Social Media platforms (namely Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Vine, Pinterest, Tumblr, G+, Snapchat) with the goal of maximizing traffic, engagement and growing our audience.
- Demonstrate news and social judgment in editing and when determining what is socially relevant and what is not.
- Have an acute understanding of what it's like to be an NFL fan and an appreciation of the type of content an NFL fan wants to digest and interact with socially.
- Be able to plan not just create specific posts but execute a macro gameplan as a whole.
- Monitor the latest trends in the social and digital universe.
- Ensure that all content is grammatically correct and factually accurate and that the writing style is consistent with NFL.com's editorial and social policies and best practices.
- Edit copy and write posts in a fast-paced, always on-the-fly environment.
- 1-2 years social or editorial experience, preferably in online medium and in the sports industry.
- Must be willing to work early mornings, nights and/or weekends.
- Bachelor's degree preferred.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Proven NFL knowledge that lends itself to sound news and social-worthy judgment.
- Strong computer skills familiarity with electronic communication.
- Some knowledge of Photoshop or social photo applications preferred.
See Inside the Office of NFL
Founded in 1920, the NFL’s mission is to showcase the League and its teams, uphold and preserve the integrity of the game of football, and reach the broadest possible audience of fans. The highest level of professional football in the U.S.—and the official source for everything football—the NFL seeks to define the football lifestyle and create the ultimate game experience for its fans.
Back to top