Senior Vice President, Consumer Products
The NFL Consumer Products group manages the largest licensing business and on-field outfitting program in sports. The SVP--Consumer Products will be responsible for overseeing and driving all aspects of the business, including strategy, operations, retail, marketing and business development. Core to the role will be managing and driving the NFL's key apparel, hardline, ecommerce and on-field partnerships, with companies such as Nike, Electronic Arts, New Era, Fanatics and Under Armour. The position will also work closely with leaders across the other NFL business units, including Media, Digital, Football Operations, Marketing, International and Legal, in pursuing the League's key priorities, and will also be a key contact point for the teams.
- Drive all aspects of the NFL Consumer Products business, including licensing, marketing, retail partnerships, ecommerce and on-field outfitting
- Manage all apparel and hardlines licensing, including deal negotiation, business planning, marketing activations, retail partnerships and reporting
- Drive NFL gaming business, including the Madden partnership with Electronic Arts, as well as new gaming business development
- Manage NFL eCommerce team, including NFL Shop.com partnership with Fanatics
- Oversee club on-field uniform development, policies and procedures, in partnership with NFL Brand and Football Operations groups
- Lead on-field partnerships with major branded performance sports brands, including on-field products and fan apparel and headwear, as well as joint marketing programs and initiatives
- Drives progress with internal stakeholders on key League priorities, such as Player Health & Safety, International and Youth Football
- Responsible for all aspects of the Consumer Products P&L, including budgeting, forecasting and reporting
- High-potential leader with strong interpersonal skills and capability to understand and drive all parts of CP business
- Strong work ethic combined with a "team-first" mentality; able to manage time effectively and to drive multiple projects forward at once.
- Bachelor's Degree and a minimum of 15+ years of relevant experience working in the retail, apparel, and/or sports industries. MBA or equivalent graduate degree preferred.
- Prior general management experience with P&L or operational responsibilities
- Excellent cross-team collaboration and partnership skills, with demonstrated ability to work across organizations and reporting boundaries to get things done
- Strong working knowledge of the retail and apparel landscape and trends; sports business experience preferred
- Successfully demonstrated experience managing and leading a staff, including developing people, setting individual and group goals, and delivering clear feedback
- Strong critical thinking skills, a strong marketing strategist, creativity, and the ability to successfully multi-task
- Proven negotiating skills and experience, and experience in developing and implementing long-term strategies
- Mature, capable communicator who can make arguments clearly and succinctly, both verbally and in writing
- Unwavering commitment to honest and ethical business interactions; willingness to admit mistakes or ask for help; focus on long-term success of the NFL over short-term wins.
See Inside the Office of NFL
Founded in 1920, the NFL’s mission is to showcase the League and its teams, uphold and preserve the integrity of the game of football, and reach the broadest possible audience of fans. The highest level of professional football in the U.S.—and the official source for everything football—the NFL seeks to define the football lifestyle and create the ultimate game experience for its fans.
Back to top