Senior Manager, Technology Operations
The Senior Manager, Technology Operations is responsible for the systems architecture and design of NFL Media’s technical and operational spaces for Studio and Remote events, as well as design and implementation of advanced workflows for the NFL Media division.
The Senior Manager, Technology Operations will have key responsibilities in assisting layout of NFL Media Remote productions utilizing workflow designs and space planning in conjunction with Studio plans.
The Senior Manager, Technology Operations role reports to the VP of Production and involves working closely with the Director of Engineering, Senior Manager Remote Operations, Director Studio Operations, Architects, Systems Integrators, Service Providers, NFL Films engineering, Production and Operations personnel.
AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Plan workflows based on most state-of-art technologies that bring together traditional broadcast network, and emerging technologies in mobile distribution.
- Review and plan Remote Operations workflows to coordinate closely with Studio Operations workflows to help manage and improve changing technologies and logistics planning.
- Assist with technical and operational space planning for potential of NFL Media’s move to a new facility.
- Coordinate product and process evaluations and cost analysis. Prepare and present reports to management with recommendations and action plans.
- Actively search for products, procedures, or services that will further the goals of the league.
- Participate in planning and problem solving groups within the company.
- Participate in failure analysis in conjunction with other technical experts: recommend revisions in processes and systems where possible to improve system performance.
- Assist in development of security policies, standards and procedures.
- Participate in both organized and self-driven training experiences as needed to maintain knowledge of current technologies. Participate in professional seminars, symposia, and meetings.
- Other duties as assigned by direct supervisor.
- Ensure accurate maintenance, reporting and forecasting of assigned budgetary status, results and statements on a quarterly basis.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred in broadcast operations, communications, computer science or engineering areas — prior broadcast and digital content operations, technical planning, remote broadcast, systems integration and/or broadcast engineering experience preferred. Working knowledge of television and digital content technologies and workflows required. Must possess knowledge of drawing programs (i.e. CAD, Vizio, etc), an understanding of TCP/IP, access control lists (ACLs), security, firewall and network traffic analysis. In addition, must be internet savvy in a production environment with regards to security, DNS, SMTP, SNMP, syslog and Virtual Private Network (VPN). Knowledge of Virtual Machine (VM) systems. Active Directory (AD) systems, SAN and NAS network storage systems, cloud based storage systems, network file systems.
- Ability to lead and motivate others.
- Able to delegate responsibilities to maximize team and individual contributions.
- Ability to communicate effectively with all levels of people, both technical and non-technical employees, peers, internal and external clients, vendors and senior management.
See Inside the Office of NFL
Founded in 1920, the NFL’s mission is to showcase the League and its teams, uphold and preserve the integrity of the game of football, and reach the broadest possible audience of fans. The highest level of professional football in the U.S.—and the official source for everything football—the NFL seeks to define the football lifestyle and create the ultimate game experience for its fans.
Back to top