Seasonal Hispanic Content Strategist
The NFL is seeking an LA-based content strategist / manager to plan, develop, and manage content to engage the NFL's Hispanic fan base. The priority focus of this job is specific to the US Hispanic fan, however, this person will also identify opportunities to leverage content in other Latino/Hispanic markets (e.g. Mexico, Spain, etc.) where appropriate. In this role, the manager will be responsible for defining an overall strategic plan for content to engage the US Hispanic audience on league and club digital and social properties, including selecting and prioritizing content to ensure that the goals of entertaining and educating the Hispanic fan base are met. This position will work hand-in-hand with the LA-based digital and television production teams and club teams and report in to the NY-based marketing team.
- Serve as the voice of the US Hispanic fan in the NFL's LA office. Act as the link between the NY-based marketing and fan development teams and the LA-based content teams to best serve the Hispanic fan.
- Undertake content audit/ inventory and analysis for relevant content to be leveraged for the US Hispanic fan base.
- Work collaboratively with TV and digital teams to create the most compelling educational and entertaining content to establish and deepen Hispanic fan avidity. Select, prioritize, edit and post content of all types (text, video, photo, audio, etc.), always with the thought about what works best for goals of educating and entertaining the Hispanic audience.
- Work alongside digital production teams in the creation of a live-streaming show designed to engage Hispanic fans on social media.
- Identify opportunities to leverage Spanish language content in other markets outside the US, maximizing efficiencies and partnering closely with NFL International and Mexico teams.
- Serve as the main point of contact for the team at Univision that runs NFL.com/espanol to ensure relevancy and impact of content to drive traffic and engagement. Help NFL.com/espanol deliver against the new positioning to target casual/new less acculturated Hispanic fans.
- Maximize social engagement amongst US Hispanics. Understand the social landscape domestically to help create / distribute the most potentially engaging content across league and club social platforms.
- Serve as a liaison to Club Digital team, and in particular, members of the Hispanic Club Cohort (select group of clubs focused on growing and engaging their US Hispanic Fan base)
- Define content vision and establish and communicate roadmap to get to optimal content plan over the next 3-5 years
- Monitor and track trends in consumption and engagement with NFL Digital Media analytics group to help make decisions on what content is resonating with users. Deliver ongoing reporting and recommendations on how to optimize the league's Hispanic content strategy based on in-market results.
- Ensure that all content is grammatically correct and factually accurate and that writing style is consistent with NFL Digital Media's editorial policies.
Skills / Qualifications:
- Must be fluent in Spanish (written and oral)
- 2-4 years editorial experience, preferably in online medium and in the sports industry
- Detail oriented individual who executes for success
- Highly analytical person who gets excited by the power of data and makes decisions and influences others based on empirical evidence
- Must be willing and able to work nights and weekends around the NFL schedule
- Bachelor's degree in journalism or related field preferred
- Experience in page layout and design preferred
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Strong organizational and prioritization skills
- Proven NFL knowledge that lends itself to sound news judgment
- Some knowledge of HTML, social media and Photoshop preferred
See Inside the Office of NFL
Founded in 1920, the NFL’s mission is to showcase the League and its teams, uphold and preserve the integrity of the game of football, and reach the broadest possible audience of fans. The highest level of professional football in the U.S.—and the official source for everything football—the NFL seeks to define the football lifestyle and create the ultimate game experience for its fans.
Back to top