The Payroll Supervisor reports to the Senior Payroll Manager. The position requires experience with all aspects of payroll laws, time reporting laws, and experience with related systems and processing activities. Is the primary liaison to the departments responsible for employing static and dynamic workforces (principally Human Resources, Football Ops, and Network Production). Must be proactive, manage, prioritize complex and time sensitive activities to accomplish all key objectives and bring continual improvements to the department. The ability to lead, problem solve, set and achieve stretch goals and to work in team settings as well as independently are necessary skills.
- Oversee daily payroll operations, controls and procedures, including developing and enforcing standards, to ensure the accuracy and timeliness of payroll processing.
- Ensure all supporting documents for any payroll process obtained by payroll team members are accurately completed and signed off by the appropriate management or department and company policies are strictly adhered to.
- Review and verify all aspects of any personal and employment changes are applied correctly, including but not limited to tax withholding rates, jurisdictions, and any Time & Labor assignment.
- Ensure compliance with all federal, state, and local laws regarding payroll administration, tax payments etc.
- Oversee that all deductions are withheld and remitted to appropriate party on a timely manner, including but not limited to any related 401k, HSA, FSA, Transit, and Wage Withholding remittance.
- Reconcile quarter payroll federal, state and local tax filing quarterly.
- Assist with reconciliation of government agencies and payroll vendor debits and credits.
- Ensures that all bank and General Ledger account reconciliation items are resolved by staff timely to ensure proper tax and W-2 reporting and to protect accounts from misstatement.
- Assist with year-end process, including W-2s and year-end adjustments
- Coordinate setting up of taxes for multiple locations throughout the US.
- Manage, troubleshoot and resolve payroll and time labor attendance related questions and/or issues as the first escalation point.
- Assist any internal and external audits as necessary.
- Support senior management by performing various departmental payroll special projects as needed.
- Provide reports to Finance and other departments as necessary.
- Review timekeeping records for compliance with established policies and procedures as necessary.
- Keep abreast of payroll processing system and changes in wage and tax laws.
- Expert user knowledge of Oracle Payroll or Peoplesoft Payroll required.
- Experience with ADP EV5, ADP ETime, or other sophisticated payroll/time attendance systems preferred.
- Experience with Employee & Manager self-service products.
- Strong knowledge of payroll recorded to the general ledger and balancing
- Skilled in report writing and data analysis using advanced Excel
- Knowledgeable in payroll tax laws and complex employee benefit programs impacting payroll
- Strong attention to detail with exceptional organizational skills, ability to multi-task and prioritize responsibilities.
- Ability to manage multiple projects and systems.
- Knowledge of Taxable and Non-Taxable earnings and expenses.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
CPP certification is preferred.
Minimum 5 years experience supervising a complex payroll processing environment for an organization with at least 2000 exempt and nonexempt employees in a multi-state environment.
See Inside the Office of NFL
Founded in 1920, the NFL’s mission is to showcase the League and its teams, uphold and preserve the integrity of the game of football, and reach the broadest possible audience of fans. The highest level of professional football in the U.S.—and the official source for everything football—the NFL seeks to define the football lifestyle and create the ultimate game experience for its fans.
Back to top