The Payroll Assistant provides support to the payroll department to ensure the timely and accurate processing of a large workforce of nonexempt time card records by compiling, organizing, and entering data into the ADP eTime system and import into ADP EV5 payroll system.
- Review and process historical time entries
- Process daily department code changes
- Assist managers in time cards review and approval
- Add triggers for payroll purposes when needed
- Manage email inquiries for LA NFL Payroll inbox
- Provide reconciliation to employees for meal penalties and daily punches
- Verify and enter employee vacation, sick, personal, and bereavement days
- Create new/rehire employee files and arrange freelance files, keeping the files accurate and up to date
- Run wage and hour reports for the production managers at the end of each pay period and upon request.
- Run vacation accrual reports and answer employee inquiries regarding paid time off.
- Process onboarding paperwork and submit electronically to the NY office.
- Responsible for alerting employees of the online time clock and minimizing the number of employees submitting manual timesheets to Payroll
- Act as a backup for Payroll Coordinator when needed
- Works closely with hiring managers and Human Resources
Required Education and Experience:
- 2-3 years of relevant experience and knowledge of the payroll field
- ADP E-Time experience strongly preferred
- Be able to complete tax forms
- Strong general administrative skills
- Intermediate knowledge of Excel
- Ability to answer questions about timecards and paychecks to employees
Other Key Attributes / Characteristics:
- Team player
- Experience working in a fast paced environment with utmost accuracy
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely both orally and in writing
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Experience dealing with confidential matters; sense of discretion and integrity when dealing with sensitive information is a must
Expected Hours of Work:
- Employee is expected to be able to work a minimum of 40 hours a week and overtime whenever necessary especially around Payroll deadlines which can also impact holiday schedules.
Back to top