Office Coordinator - Security
Reporting to the Head of Security, the Department Coordinator will be responsible for the administrative operations of the NFL Security Department. The Department Coordinator will provide active, hands-on administrative support, including invoice processing, contract tracking, expense reconciliation and department calendar management,
Serves as primary contact for filing and update of SOPs, and optimization of departmental efficiency; oversees the department's facilities needs and external relations activities; and performs other duties as assigned.
- Develop and organize all resource information for Club Training Sessions, including conducting research, preparing printed material, etc.
- Research, prioritizes, and follows up on incoming issues and concerns addressed to the NFL Security Dept., including those of a sensitive or confidential nature. Determine appropriate course of action, referral, or response
- Ability to serve effectively as a bridge between the security office and internal and external partners; demonstrating leadership to maintain credibility, trust and support with senior management staff
- Work closely and effectively with the SVP to provide timely updates of upcoming commitments, following up appropriately. Acts as a "barometer," having a sense for the issues taking place in the environment and keeping the SVP updated
- Serve as a liaison to Contract Security Representatives, Club Security, and Stadium Directors
- Track and coordinator departmental travel arrangements and lodging
- Lead point of contact for annual Security Conference planning and coordination
- Coordinate agendas of all senior management team meetings and off-sites, and all staff meetings
- Responsible for drafting editing all department communication to both internal and external stake holders
- Assist with preparing presentations for executive level meetings with Commissioner and Club Owners.
- Organize, calculate and prepare travel reimbursement/expense reports for SVP in a timely and efficient manner.
- Assist with strategic security initiatives involving stadium security, fan conduct, and fair competition.
- Coordinate the background process for National Scouting Combine/NFL Regional Combine invitees as well as seasonal NFL staff and at the NFL Draft.
- Coordinate with internal departments for the successful implementation of an Emergency Plan for all NFL offices
- Direct support for the SVP- Chief Security as needed.
- Strong organizational skills that reflect ability to perform and prioritize multiple tasks seamlessly with excellent attention to detail.
- Very strong interpersonal skills and the ability to build relationships with stakeholders, including staff, Club personnel, as well as other external partners
- Professional level written and verbal communication skills
- Significant experience supporting business executives, including calendar management, travel organization and communicating with external parties
- Provides leadership to build relationships crucial to the success of the organization, and manages a variety of special projects for the SVP, some of which may have organizational impact
- Successfully completes critical aspects of deliverables with a hands-on approach, including drafting acknowledgement letters, personal correspondence, and other tasks
- Prioritizes conflicting needs; handles matters expeditiously, proactively, and follows through on projects to successful completion, often with deadline pressures.
Other Key Attributes I Characteristics:
- Proven ability to handle confidential information with discretion involving investigations and other sensitive matters.
- Highly resourceful team-player, with the ability to also be extremely effective independently
- Be adaptable to various competing demands, and demonstrate the highest level of customer/client service and response
See Inside the Office of NFL
Founded in 1920, the NFL’s mission is to showcase the League and its teams, uphold and preserve the integrity of the game of football, and reach the broadest possible audience of fans. The highest level of professional football in the U.S.—and the official source for everything football—the NFL seeks to define the football lifestyle and create the ultimate game experience for its fans.
Back to top