Next Gen Stats Researcher
The NFL’s Next Gen Stats team is seeking an experienced researcher to help develop storylines using Next Gen Stats data to help support our various platforms such as NFL.com editorial, NFL Network, Social Media and our 3rd party broadcasters. Candidate will work closely with Next Gen Stats Product and Engineering teams as new statistics are developed, and will function as a liaison between Next Gen Stats and NFL content teams. The ideal candidate will have a background in journalism, is an avid football fan with extensive knowledge of the players and game, and feels comfortable mining data for stories. Candidates must be self-motivated, and work well under tight deadlines.
- Responsible for developing storylines based on own research within large data sets
- Responsible for developing ideas for various forms of content for studio production shows and helps see that the ideas are executed as graphics, segments, pieces and more.
- Provides routine weekly research notes to internal production staff to help inform of best Next Gen Stats story lines
- Develops original storylines that provide statistical analysis of events, news stories and topical issues.
- Assist production team with Next Gen Stats data research tool
- Ensures accuracy of data before distribution
- College degree preferred.
- Extensive football knowledge required.
- Comfortable working with large sets of data
- Advanced excel user required
- Must be able to communicate information accurately.
- Two years professional experience working with statistics or covering or analyzing sports events, news and issues is preferred.
- Strong grammar skills.
- Must be able to adhere to strict deadlines and react to breaking news.
Back to top