The NFL Media Group is seeking News Assistants who are tasked with assisting the Assignment Desk in all phases the newsgathering process for both on-air and digital content.
Potential candidates should have at least one year of experience in a newsroom environment and must meet the following criteria:
- Must be able to follow instructions and work well with others in a fast paced newsroom environment
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize daily assignments
- Demonstrate strong communication skills both verbally and written
- Ability to meet deadlines under pressure situations
- Familiar with utilizing social media as a source of breaking news
- Must be flexible with work schedule including weekends and overnight shifts
Candidates should have the following qualification:
- Strong football knowledge and awareness of key issues associated with the NFL
- BA in Journalism or Communications preferred
- 1+ years in a newsroom environment
See Inside the Office of NFL
Founded in 1920, the NFL’s mission is to showcase the League and its teams, uphold and preserve the integrity of the game of football, and reach the broadest possible audience of fans. The highest level of professional football in the U.S.—and the official source for everything football—the NFL seeks to define the football lifestyle and create the ultimate game experience for its fans.
Back to top