Supervision and coordination of music content for assigned NLFN television shows and NFL Media content. Duties include timely distribution of thematic music and show/seasonal music packages, evaluation and recommendation of music libraries and the specific cuts therein; evaluation and recommendation of commercial music pertaining to specific shows and uses; Strong administrative component associated to all aspects listed above including, managing licensing requests and maintenance of music data for assigned shows.
- Works under the general direction of Director of Music as the department point of contact for assigned NFL Media projects and productions.
- Assists the in-house producers and third-party contractors with guidance related to music selection, procedures and policies; provides training, explanations of standards and procedures.
- Organize, supervise, and deliver series/seasonal music packages for assigned Productions.
- Participates in regular meetings with assigned productions focusing on creating a plan for the use of music elements within a specific budget.
- Oversee, update and review the clearance of commercial music for broadcasts.
- Edits thematic, commercial and library music cuts, as needed.
- Conducts ongoing quality control of series / seasonal thematic music packages.
- Evaluates and recommends music for specific shows, related productions and projects.
- Oversees the organization of theme and support music; accesses music repositories and libraries to maintain and refresh source audio for assigned shows.
- Assists others on music team with semi-routine music-related projects and tasks, as needed.
- Coordinates with production and legal for any licensing necessary for music created for the production.
- May participate in selecting music themes and elements for assigned productions.
See Inside the Office of NFL
Founded in 1920, the NFL’s mission is to showcase the League and its teams, uphold and preserve the integrity of the game of football, and reach the broadest possible audience of fans. The highest level of professional football in the U.S.—and the official source for everything football—the NFL seeks to define the football lifestyle and create the ultimate game experience for its fans.
Back to top